PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Recently I started using a double edge razor again. But what do you do with the used blades? I found an empty metal tin. I used a drimmel to cut a slice on the side of the tin, big enough for a blade to slide in. Then I used some Gorilla glue to seal the tin shut. I assume in another 5-10 years I will have to toss the tin and make another one.
Winton

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Great idea!
I use them as match holders, tobacco transporters and pellet gun targets. :)

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Excellent idea! I bought a "blade bank" when I first got into wet shaving. That was 4 years ago, and I think it's 3/4 full now, but I know what I'm doing next time, thanks to you.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Everything old is new again:
Back in the days when homes came equipped with bathrooms with built-in medicine cabinets, those cabinets usually had a horizontal slot (typically 1.5 inches in width) in their back walls. And the purpose of that slot? Why to receive used double-edge razor blades!

May 4, 2015
I put a pickup and a jack in one and made a little stomp box out of it. Plugged in through a PA system, it sounds just like a bass drum.

cajunplume

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
my Merkur blades has a slot at the bottom that you dispose of old blades with. Cool idea though! I keep my tins in hopes of neat ideas such as yours.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I keep a round tin in my truck full of coins for change. I keep another round tin in my truck with a cork knocker glued in it for an ashtray. In my tool bag I have a square tin full of Allen wrenches. On my bench is a square tin full of small drill bits that I don't have an index for.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
The wife crafts jewelry as a hobby. She wraps the small square Capstan Blue tins (minus label) as a gift box for each piece she finishes.

marcel

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2015
I always feel somewhat guilty tossing an empty tin thinking there some use I could use them for. So far they remain folder for the land fill.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
I met a guy who glued a knocker in an empty sutliff can and uses it as an ashtry. I thought it was a killer idea

Jan 8, 2013
When certain solicitors come to my door, I open the door and toss the empty tins at them screaming, "Demons in these tobacco tins! Demons in these tobacco tins!!!" And then I shut the door.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I use them for coins and cash staches, matches and filters in the car, and torched off for char cloth for black powder reenactments. Picked up some good ideas here though. I hate throwing them out. I know there will come a day when they figure a way to do away with them like the old cracker and cookie tins. But you can only hoard so much junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.