PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, name is Jacques, I am an ex military serving my country for 31 yrs, I like woodworking and fishing .
Smoking pipe for me is my way for relaxing, was not all the time easy in the military.
My question is: do they still make pipe with a twist on stem in the bowl, I have bought 5 pipes so far and don't like them
I presently using my grand father's pipe witch is a tread on stem and would like to know where can I buy one
MerciPXL_20240314_114244476.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome from the Center Of The Known Universe!

Ashland, Oregon

Older Kaywoodie pipes come to mind, but the era of the bone screw in tenon was pretty much over by the 1930's. Kaywoodie used a screw in stem with an integral stinger until the 1960's, IRRC.

You could always opt to have one custom made.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome! I don't know of any brand new pipes that come with threaded stems but like others have mentioned you can take a look at older Kaywoodies.

Woodbandit

Lurker
Feb 24, 2024
Hastings, UK
Hello, name is Jacques, I am an ex military serving my country for 31 yrs, I like woodworking and fishing .
Smoking pipe for me is my way for relaxing, was not all the time easy in the military.
My question is: do they still make pipe with a twist on stem in the bowl, I have bought 5 pipes so far and don't like them
I presently using my grand father's pipe witch is a tread on stem and would like to know where can I buy one
MerciView attachment 295714
Welcome from England.

Status
Not open for further replies.