PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
When I close my eyes my office looks like yours. When I am awake, not so much...
That's a great looking setup.

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
bungee,

Congratulations on your future prodigy!

Well, as far as the new smoking spot, you can't get much better then outside, with the occasional office smoke.
Merry Christmas!

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
that's a nice spot you got there, also what kind of guitar and speaker are those.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Thank you Nhpro!
Hextor, it is a Fender Custom Shop Time Machine Series 1969 NOS. The amp is a Vox AC4 TVH. Do you play?
Cheers,
J

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Ericusrex, yes, the audio rig is some serious stuff: Mark Levinson No.23, Antique Audio PA-1 valve preamp, wadia transport, Krell DAC, custom made turntable, and a pair of ADS 1290 from the eighties. Sounds amazing!
Pfft! Triodes or GTFO. Nothing rocks like 1 watt baby!

TT needs more idler drive imho :nana:

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
I fully agree Bigpond!
I also have a pure Class A 3 watt custom made amp paired to a some very high sensitivity Sonus Faber speakers and it rocks. But I live in a big city with very high noise levels, so I can only appreciate it very late at night or really early in the morning. Between 2AM and 6AM. I call it the magic hour.
On the other hand, the valve preamp paired with de Levinson 23 rocks my world. Cristal clear and mellow highs and mids with the amazing punch and bass response of the 200W solid state Levinson through low sensitivity 4 way (one passive woofer)ADS 1290 II. Sounds terrific.
Cheers and is always nice to meet another "hi-end" freak.
J

Status
Not open for further replies.