PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dave Kale

Lurker
Jan 9, 2024
Tigerton, WI
Hello, my name is David and my son worked his butt off shoveling snow and bought me a Lord of the Rings Churchwarden style pipe. I had talked for about a year of possibly trying a pipe. I have no idea yet on what type of tobacco to buy or what to look for, but I'm looking forward to learning!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome! I was also pulled into pipe smoking via LOTR. Starting out I’d suggest getting a few 1 ounce bulk tobaccos in a variety of blends (aromatic, English, virgina, burley, etc.) then see what you like or dislike in each. Folks here can then point out some blends that you may also like.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome!
Please
put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: Dave Kale