PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

radasky84

Lurker
Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to smoking a pipe.
I currently only have 5, 2 Missouri Meerschaums 2 unfinished that I am working on 1 unsmoked 1930s Yello-Bole that I'm debating smoking

Attachments

• Message.jpg
    Message.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200406_202141.jpg
    20200406_202141.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2
  • Message(3).jpg
    Message(3).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Message(2).jpg
    Message(2).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Congrats & welcome aboard. I’ve never owned a yellobowl, but the color sure is cool, like the shape as well. Stem work looks elegant imho.

what are some of the blends you are enjoying?

radasky84

Lurker
Apr 6, 2020
Congrats & welcome aboard. I’ve never owned a yellobowl, but the color sure is cool, like the shape as well. Stem work looks elegant imho.

what are some of the blends you are enjoying?
I have only tried a few, the MacBaren 7 Seas Black, Stokebys Vanilla Creme and Captain Black.

radasky84

Lurker
Apr 6, 2020
Message(4).jpg
I also have these that I am waiting to try when I get home from work.
I work on a towboat pushing barges across the ICC 20 days at a time so I have to pack alot of tobacco to last me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I looked it up, are you talking about the Dec. 2019 stuff?
Blends introduced after February 2007 will be taken off the market unless they are submitted for a very costly inspection. So far this is supposed to take effect next year unless it gets extended. A few tobacco and pipe manufacturers have already folded and gone by the wayside. Many smokers have taken to collecting vast amounts of tobacco, most call cellaring, in preparation for this "tobaccolypse".

Reactions: docpierce

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Blends introduced after February 2007 will be taken off the market unless they are submitted for a very costly inspection. So far this is supposed to take effect next year unless it gets extended. A few tobacco and pipe manufacturers have already folded and gone by the wayside. Many smokers have taken to collecting vast amounts of tobacco, most call cellaring, in preparation for this "tobaccolypse".
A very concise summation.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.