PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have turned 49 last month and started what I have planned for my fifties and onwards. Smoking tobacco pipe. I have bought couple of pipes from amazon. Watched a few videos on YouTube for beginners. Bought a few types of tobacco from local shops and I am ready. By the way I live in western cost region if India. After some initial tobacco testing now I have settled on one for now till I find better. Tobacco is too cheap here like what I smoke is $2 per kilogram. Not too strong not too mild.

I am enjoying my pipe. Looking for tips and guidance from people here.
Cheers!

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
welcome to the forum, and to the hobby. Just take it slow. The art of pipe smoking is something that comes over time. You will learn how to tamp and sip on your pipe. I watched you tube videos and looked on forums like this and they helped me learn.

Welcome to the forum. I am intrigued a little bit about the 2$ / kg tobacco. Do post some description and pictures.

I smoked a pipe briefly when I was going to college. The pipe / RYO available at that time 22 years ago were -

Capstan Blue - Ready Rubbed - Manufactured by ITC
Capstan Gold (I assume) under the name Gold Flake - Ready Rubbed Manufactured by ITC
Van Gogh - Ribbon Cut Also manufactured by ITC

The above three were all Virginia and were at ball park 90 cents per 50 gram pouches. There were some locally manufactured aromatics which went 80 cents per 50 grams. (That price is from 22 years ago)

The imported tobacco were all much more expensive and as a college student I did not even aspire to buy.

I recently found a pouch of Van Gogh inside a book. Picture below as nostalgia

Reactions: Dusk and jpmcwjr
Welcome to the forum. I am intrigued a little bit about the 2$ / kg tobacco. Do post some description and pictures.

I smoked a pipe briefly when I was going to college. The pipe / RYO available at that time 22 years ago were -

Capstan Blue - Ready Rubbed - Manufactured by ITC
Capstan Gold (I assume) under the name Gold Flake - Ready Rubbed Manufactured by ITC
Van Gogh - Ribbon Cut Also manufactured by ITC

The above three were all Virginia and were at ball park 90 cents per 50 gram pouches. There were some locally manufactured aromatics which went 80 cents per 50 grams. (That price is from 22 years ago)

The imported tobacco were all much more expensive and as a college student I did not even aspire to buy.

I recently found a pouch of Van Gogh inside a book. Picture below as nostalgia

View attachment 3018

Look at the two pictures. Then one in steel container is about $2 per kilo. And the one on the red lid is $4.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard. Glad you have plenty of quality tobacco at a good price. We don't hear much about that on Forums. The U.S. is about the best, but not quite as good a price as yours.

Reactions: IndianPipeSmoker
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Welcome to the forums, I must say You just made perhaps your best decision of your life , as for the undersigned,I should a been made this switch from cigarettes&cigarillios to pipes way before.but I'd guess,better late than never, I was at the same age as you when I finally woke up'so lets keep on chooching'
Ps.how are international pipe tobacco brands represented on the indian market today?

Reactions: IndianPipeSmoker
Status
Not open for further replies.