PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidg

Lurker
May 27, 2012
Hi,
I recently purchased a sampler, 1 oz. of 8different tobaccos, from Milan Tobacco. Give it a try

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Can vouch for P&C and especially for sampler packs. Many start with Hearth and Home or C&D for low price and wide variety. Their service has been awesome for me, they get all my business. A prestigious name and high price does not guarantee a superior pipe. You will find over time your preference in pipes will evolve. I do agree you should be able to find a number of pipes that look good/work good in the $50 - $75 dollar range. :puffy:

patriotfirst

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
There are some sites that advertise here that sell sampler packs and that is how I got started. For what it's worth though I have a few briar pipes, 1 meerschaum, and a corn cob. I must admit that I get a very good, cool smoke out of a corn cob and it only costs $6-15. Just remember to take your time and let the tobacco do its own thing. If you gotta relight, don't worry about it. For me, I try to avoid that tongue bite that comes from puffing to much getting the pipe hot. For me,it's all about the flavor. If I look like I don't know what I'm doing to another "pro" pipe smoker I really don't care. I'm smoking it for me, not them.

Jul 15, 2011
C&D also makes a sampler but it costs a bit more.
Even though the C&D sampler might cost a bit more than some others, it is way worth it. You can call Cornell and Diehl and talk directly with someone at the plant, though most times when I call I get Chris, and Chris is awesome. Tell him what you have tried, what you like, what you don't like, and he will custom tailor a sampler pack to your liking. They have a really wide range of aromatics, Virginias, and a number of totally killer English blends that are all worth trying. Pipes and Cigars also has a number of great samplers that are worth checking out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.