PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Lots of wonderful places in San Francisco, and I always make it a point to have the Dungeness crab omelette at the Cliff House while in town. One big problem is that aside from the Occidental, there is nowhere to smoke!

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
There's one other place to smoke that I know in San Francisco--called the cigar bar and grill at 850 Montgomery. It's got a large outdoor patio with heat lamps. It's my preferred place in the city.
So, here are three more pipes from my father's collection:
dsc05217-600x397.jpg

dsc05203-600x317.jpg

dsc05196-600x373.jpg

Let's see if that works!
steven

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I'm with you, jp. Reminds me a WHOLE lot of that beautiful Comoy lumberman I apparently annoyed people with once back in the 70s when in college! Hairvise, that is one GORRgeous smoker you've got there. Never get rid of it, ever. :)

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
I won't get rid of that one, that's a promise. I really like the unique feel of holding it while smoking. I'll try and photograph the remaining few in the near future, but off the top of my head, there are none that seem as special as that one.
HV

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to see a new pipe smoker living in California even with the oppressive tobacco laws in that state.
I went to basic training in Alameda in January 1972 and was lucky enough to have three days of liberty in the San Francisco/Oakland area. I will say the San Francisco back then was not the same as it was when I visited back in the mid-80s. You couldn't pay me to go anywhere in California these days.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Welcome Steven! I’m new here myself. These are a bunch of great guys to post with! Super knowledgeable.
PS: I love that Comoy. I secretly covet them, and have six. Three of them are from the 1930’s from what I’ve been able to ascertain. Great little smokers all.

Status
Not open for further replies.