New Pipe Smoker and I am a woman and I love it!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
welcome aboard. Cant go wrong with a Sav. I have a few and they are all amazing.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I have known a couple of woman that smoked a pipe and chewed, but they where old and didn't have any teeth left.
I think you will fit in much better. lol
Welcome

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Welcome aboard Shelby.
As many have stated previously this is a pretty safe place to ask questions about pipes, tobacco, techniques, etc. Hell, I know a few that will field gun questions (myself included) if the need arises.
A woman that smokes a pipe, carries a gun, and drives a stang. I thought that was only in my twisted dreams

shelbyred94

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
It has been so much fun studying everything about pipes and pipe smoking. There is so much info....I am thinking it will take a while to really grasp even a tenth of all there is. My husband just bought me a Savinelli petite brown 626. Looks small...but I do like it. Haven't smoked from it yet. Looking forward to that tomorrow. However, I am wondering if it is too small. And again, thanks to all of you for the kind words. I love reading many of the posts and hopefully one day I will feel confident enough to join in. :)

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Hi Shelby, At first I was of the mindset that small pipes were kind of silly looking, but several folks here didn't agree and said they're good for certain stronger blends that you wouldn't want a large bowl of. I have 5 or 6 pipes now that I sometimes use that way. Cheers! 8)

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Welcome to the forums and to pipe smoking! Without my pipes and tobaccos I think I would be a writhing ball of stress. It's good to see more women in the hobby! Happy smoking!;)

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Btw, small pipes have their own place. I usually use them for short smokes, flakes, or strong tobacco. I have 2 small ones. A Dr. Grabow Lark and a Peterson system 317. They fit right in with the larger pipes in my rotation. Sometimes one just doesn't have to time to sit around for an hour and half. I find that my biggest bowl is my Latakia bowl and the smaller bowls are for Virginias.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Shelby, this is not to imply anything chauvinistic, but have you seen the "Video Babes" section of the forum? The young ladies there are portrayed with pipes that have a rather feminine quality about them, and may suit as a place to select or think about certain brands of pipes that you might enjoy.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I came into this world and was given a pacifier and I'll exit this world with a pipe. I see little difference, only experience in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.