New Pipe Smoker and I am a woman and I love it!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"I do own a gun...Glock 27 and I drive 2014 Mustang GT. Gun was a Christmas present from husband....he has been a cop for 23 years. I am smoking a churchwarden now....was thinking of getting a Savinelli (spelled right?). I like the look of some of them."
Oh, heck, you fit right in here. Welcome!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Shelby, most Savenelli's come with a balsa filter and adaptor to smoke the pipe without a filter. However,

they sell some pipes without the filter/adaptor arrangement, just non-filter pipes. These include their

Oscar Lucite series (smokingpipes.com has a selection) and the churchwarden 601. Savenelli used to have

great unfinished pipes that didn't use filters, but these seem to have been mostly discontinued, but if you

find one, they are usually a great buy. Savenelli now has a slightly lower priced pipe called a Rossi, but I

have read some complaints about the quality control on these, though that may have been resolved.
If you like small pipes, Iwan Ries carries Ewa pipes that go for about $36 but are good French briars.

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
Welcome. Is that GT by chance a Shelby, shelbyred94? :) Glocks and Savinellis are favorites of mine as well.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome Shelby!
We all enjoy our pipes in many different ways. None of them weird at all. I enjoy stopping by the rack and sniffing each bowl, reminiscing the ghosts of blends smoked in each.
Very good to see new lady pipers coming on board. My girlfriend RoadQueen is a member here.
Best wishes to you and yours for the holidays.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums. Like the Cajun said, we don't talk gender -- just pipes and tobacco.

But there is a downside: from time to time some here will compare the Lakeland scent to urinal cakes.

I reckon that description won't do you much good. :lol:

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Hello Shelby, and Welcome to Pipesmagazine!!!
welcome.gif

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
G'day ShelbyRed, when I pop into visit my sister she will often sip at a pipe with me while we are sitting outside watching my son play with the animals.. It's never wierd to enjoy your pipe be it hot or cold. Welcome to the family, hope you find some good friends here.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the Forum, Shelby. Don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your thoughts. There's a lot of knowledge here and we love sharing it regardless of how wrong we are. Have fun with the hobby and have fun here.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
I do own a gun...Glock 27 and I drive 2014 Mustang GT. Gun was a Christmas present from husband....he has been a cop for 23 years. I am smoking a churchwarden now....was thinking of getting a Savinelli (spelled right?). I like the look of some of them.
Hi Shelby, welcome. I too come from a family of cops, both my dad and his brother were career police officers and most of my close friends are either active duty or retired cops. Good on you for the Glock (though, I'm a Sig man myself). :D

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Shelby,
If you like the overall properties of a churchwarden but find the length sometimes to be a little unyielding, try a small bent apple. You can find them with the small bowl size of a typical churchwarden, a slim fishtail bit, but a shorter shank making the overall length shorter.
Welcome to the forum!
PS: you'll find as you become more experienced that certain pipe sizes & shapes are better than others for certain blends & circumstances. They sort of become specialized!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Delighted to meet you, Shelby. Women smoke cigarettes as freely as people are allowed these days--what a shame there aren't more lady pipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.