PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I looked real hard at that one when the pipes2smoke email came last week, smart move! That one has just the right bend and I love that stem, well, I love everything about that one!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If this doesn't smoke to perfection colcolt is gonna come gunning for me because I did talk him into it. I'll tell ya what, if you don't like it, I will take it off your hands for what you have into it, how's that for a guarantee. I am that confident you are going to love your first Ferndown.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I wish I could access the forum from work but, it's been blocked...rather stupid I think. In fact, any pipe or tobacco website is blocked. I guess they're looking after my best interest keeping me from smoking. :crazy:
I hope it gets here by the weekend but if not I'll agonize over its arrival. Harris, I feel sure it will be just as good as you mentioned but if not, I'm going to put some poison oak in a letter and send it to you and disguise it as your power bill so I'll know you'll open it. :)

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Wow, unique pipe and a good looker- sure to be a treasure. Cumberland stem combined with birdseye explosion for the win.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
colcolt, it usually takes 4 business days to get one of Maxims pipes, so hopefully it will get here for the weekend for you to enjoy it. I don't open utility bills, they come by email so your gonnna have to figure a different plan to poison me. Send a little square box that looks like it could hold a pipe, I will open that every time.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I was looking over my home email from work today and now I can't find it for some reason but, there was a notice that something I had ordered would be here by Tuesday the 21st. Other than some baccy I ordered fro Pipes and Cigars USPS, that pipe is all I could think of.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Believe it or not back around 1971 I had a smoking jacket(gold and black) with matching ascot when I first started the pipe...believe that? :D I guess I thought that was cool back then. All I needed was half a dozen or so bunnies around me and I'd fit the part.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I believe you, no one was cooler than Heff and his smoking jacket back in the day. I think I may pick one up for the cooler months, there is something elegant about a smoking jacket. A good pipe, a good book, a snifter of something, a smoking jacket and slippers and your dog at your feet. Norman Rockwell here I come.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
A good pipe, a good book, a snifter of something, a smoking jacket and slippers and your dog at your feet. Norman Rockwell here I come.
I wish he were still around to paint that lovely picture you've painted...loved his artwork. Since I'm a teetotaler, I'd have to settle for a cup of Colombian, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.