PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I have a saying: "our imperfection is the source of our perfection". It certainly gives character.

It is acrylic, how do you twist it?
As for the tobacco itself: the vanilla is not overpowering but noticeable. Very pleasant smoke but it is a little bitter.
Others have suggested to place in refrig for while or you can let it dry out well after smoking. You can also coat the tenon with some wax to help removing in the future. Good luck, this is a common problem with a new or used pipe.

Reactions: Santiago

Santiago

Might Stick Around
Oct 24, 2023
Finland
Others have suggested to place in refrig for while or you can let it dry out well after smoking. You can also coat the tenon with some wax to help removing in the future. Good luck, this is a common problem with a new or used pipe.
The pipe smoked well after cleaning it with just water and pipe cleaner. My older pipe does however give a cleaner and less bitter smoke.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I have a saying: "our imperfection is the source of our perfection". It certainly gives character.

It is acrylic, how do you twist it?
As for the tobacco itself: the vanilla is not overpowering but noticeable. Very pleasant smoke but it is a little bitter.
I wouldn't twist it. There is a fix for it, but if its not a huge issue I would leave it alone. You can make it worse.

Reactions: Santiago
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I hate bowl coatings. I've only had a couple pipes that had a coating, and the first several smokes were terrible. Just give me the natural briar and let me break it in. I prefer the bare briar over the bowl coating any day. Ultimately, those pipes that had the bowl coatings, I don't own anymore. I sold them and used the money to buy some meerschaum pipes instead.