PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Some folks here have corresponded with Peterson's in the past via email.

Maybe someone with a contact there can get that email address for you.

Then, let Peterson's tell you how to proceed to exchange/replace the stem.

Mar 1, 2014
rcstan:
In all seriousness, if there's one small burr in the airway, or, more often, the draft is not exactly center on the slot, the pipe will whistle.
Most likely that's my problem.

On top of a needle file being somewhat imprecise, it's not a terribly clean cut, so I get the double wammy of giving my stem a rough and uneven surface.
Fortunately it doesn't affect the volume of air moved, and my pipes don't whistle while I'm puffing on them so it's not that bad.

littlebubba

Lurker
Jun 12, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
A few good ideas (and comic relief) At the end of the day it's a beautiful pipe and a GREAT smoke, I can live with a little whistle and a semi glossed stem.
Thank you gentlemen.

P

pipebuddy

The growing number of issues with Peterson's pipes - and why people keep buying them - never cease to amaze me.

trumpetboy

Lurker
Jun 15, 2011
Hi there--I posted a series of photos of my mods to this exact pipe on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.
Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2208299084/permalink/10153604679464085/
The pipe now draws completely differently and draws like a dream. I always find I have to modify Petersons to draw properly, but one you do, they're great smokers.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
+1, numbersix. Rounding off the sharp edge on the button took care of the one on the p-lip I had that whistled. I do have a two others that don't get smoked which whistle a little. I do not avoid them due to the whistle, they are not favorites and I just do not get around to smoking them very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.