PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I just saw Peterson has released 4 new blends in 40 gram pouches. Has anyone had a chance to try them yet? I was thinking about picking up a few in my next order:
Wild Atlantic: "Peterson's Wild Atlantic mixture is an elegant blend comprised of loose-cut, ripe orange Virginias, fine Oriental leaves, and premium quality Latakia from the Balkans. The generous amount of Latakia provides this rich blend with its unique English character and a traditional smoky note."
Irish Dew: "Peterson's Irish Dew is a luxury mixture of well-matured Virginias and toasted Burley tobaccos with whiskey and blossom fruit undertones. The sweet hint of vanilla and touch of chocolate arising from the toasted Burley give this tobacco an exceptional finish. The blend is pressed into cakes and rubbed out, enhancing the natural aroma of the tobacco."
Aran: "Peterson's Aran Mixture is a delicate blend comprised of ripe Virginia and black Cavendish tobaccos. A top flavor of vanilla and blossom notes are expertly combined to reveal a fresh, aromatic pipe tobacco."
Connemara Black: "eterson's Connemara Black mixture combines an exquisite selection of black Cavendish mixed with Virginia tobaccos. This delightful, exclusive tobacco is finished with a unique sweet cherry flavor to give a medium-bodied smoke."

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I haven't tried them yet. Wild Atlantic sounds like something I might enjoy and it's on its way.

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
They sound nice - looking forward to trying the Connemara Black as I keep searching for a nice cherry blend.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
We got them last week, but I've only tried the Aran mixture. Not bad, but not at the top of my list for Aros. These are blended by the same folks blending Ashton, if I'm not mistaken, and I'd go for Guilty Pleasure for a fruity Aromatic any day.

gnome

Lurker
Feb 6, 2016
I have tried the Aran. It is a very enjoyable smoke. The Virginia comes through strong as the predominant flavor, with just enough cavendish to smooth it out. The vanilla is subtle and hard to detect, you might miss it altogether if you don't look for it.

jdhayes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2016
Irish dew sounds like something I'm going to have to try real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.