PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquisitor3

Lurker
Jun 20, 2017
Hello all,

I was a regular in the 90's and early 2000's of ASP, in the wonderful days of Greg Pease, Mark Tinsky, Paul Szabady and other luminaries. I wrote a few hundred reviews in the then-new tobaccoreviews archives. I experienced the blossoming and tragic passing of Syrian Latakia in the port fire. I bought a pound of the last crop of true St. James Perique directly from the farmer (Percy something, I think). I was bitten quite severely by TAD and PAD. Great stuff.

As life has moved on, with parenthood, new home, etc., my pipe smoking diminished, to the point where I only smoke a pipe about a dozen times per year. I am, however, sitting on a large amount of tobacco that has been in sealed mason jars and tins for the past 15 - 25 years. I believe that selling is not permitted on this board, which makes sense because this isn't a profit-driven group, but if there is an exception for passing these old friends onto pipe lovers for a fraction of their value, could you let me know? I'm not looking to make a profit. But if these tobaccos were to cross that line where they turn from gold into lead, it would make me sad. If I am crossing a line, I apologize and won't bother you again. If the moderator of the group views this post first, which I believe is the case, and doesn't approve it for publishing, could you contact me with any ideas as to how I can get this to pipe enthusiasts.

I have lots of McClellands (I just heard they went out of business a few years ago - unbelievable!), some of the first Pease line, some of that true Perique, and lots of other things (mostly VA-based) that should be of interest to some of you.

Thanks for reading,
Christopher (Inquisitor)

Reactions: timt and dcon

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Welcome from NE FL. There are several of us here from the old ASP newsgroups. Post enough and get involved a little and I am sure you will find a home for those old blends.

Reactions: 02Knight

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
First off, welcome.
Second, stick around and join in.
Third, in the rules you can find the number of posts and length of time to be here to sell.
Fourth. Sell the hell out of it!!
seriously you have no idea how many people are reading your post and are chomping at the bit for you to be here long enough to start selling your cellar off. Not me personally but I'am not a unicorn chaser.

02Knight

Can't Leave
Aug 24, 2020
Rockett, Texas. South of DFW Metroplex
I for one would be interested in some of your tobacco stash that you have been sitting on. I want to try what some of the old codgers talk about on here, and that tobacco is hard to find. I'm a noob myself but hope that your around long enough for me to get some of your aged blends, perhaps through a PM for those interested? Hope I'm not stepping out of line here Mr. Moderator!!!! Anyway welcome to the forums @inquisitor3 from The Great State of TEXAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.