PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I just bought a pair of these new MM cobs and have to say that I am very, very pleased with them. They have a large bowl, very thick walls and smoke like a dream.

Plus, the new shape (a Dublin type bowl) looks a lot more "refined" than some of the other shapes. Prior to this I favored the Country Gentleman line, but I think these are far nicer.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/82284/missouri-meerschaum-mark-twain-pipes/

gunslinger

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2014
I agree with you on the new Mark Twain. Very nice addition to the MM line and to my ever increasing collection of cobs. Like you, my favorite has always been the Country Gent. Don't know if I'm ready to declare the Mark Twain my new favorite...yet. But it's all good because no matter what the individual appeal may be to the different cobs, they ALL smoke great!

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I've thought about getting a Forever Stem, but thus far I've been happy buying the "Danish" style stems direct from MM. They look a lot nicer than the regular stems and also seem to be a bit tougher (as well as only a few cents each). Also, I like having the option of using a filter sometimes.

Mar 1, 2014
I'm still having fun with the MacArthur.

Yesterday I was going to use a regular pipe, but I have this bad habit of pulling way more tobacco out of the jar than I can fit in one bowl, unless...

gunslinger

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2014
I also prefer the Danish stems for the same reasons doctorthoss enumerated. I wish they would come standard on the Country Gent and now the Mark Twain. I never understood why they come standard on other pipes like the Diplomat, Great Dane and General but not on these two. It is a much better stem IMHO. Anyway, P&C carries the Danish stems for 79 cents and SP does not although they carry the standard replacements.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Of course you can roll the dice with a bag of smokable seconds and perchance you will get one in there...
=D

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
For about a month now I've been smoking a cob about as often as the briars. I'm wondering how long these guys

(cobs) might last barring a shank coming out of the bowl. I've been using 5 different cobs, and smoking a bowl

in 2 or 3 of them every day. Other than the bowls having a nice char in them, they still look new, just like

the briars. Using the cobs has also kept me from adding to the briar patch lately.
tinner :puffy:

icentropy

Lurker
Sep 8, 2014
Has anyone tried to dye or paint them? I don't mind the finish or feel too much but the hay color has always bugged me. Today I'm smoking a $3 straight shanked eaton MM and can't say it's too bad at all.
pipencoffee.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.