PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblue

Lurker
May 15, 2015
Hi all

I'm really glad I found this website I live in Israel, and unfortunately there is very little written material abut pipe smoking during the two weeks since I registered I read and learned a lot and i improve my pipe smoking method.

Good to know that there is so much information, and friends who can help.

(SORY IF MY ENGLISH INSNT CORRECT)

drunkblowhard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Hi everyone,
I'm so glad I found this place. I've been slowly getting into pipe smoking for a couple of years, but the bug finally got me good a few months ago. Now I spend free time stalking pipes online that I can't afford and researching what tobacco I want to try next. In only a week of lurking I have learned more here than in a year of personal trial and error. You seem like a cool group. Happy to have signed up.
Cheers!

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
Well hello everybody,

i'm a new pipe smoker, i live in the Netherlands and started smoking a pipe in 2014.

i'm glad i found this site, because i love to keep learning about this hobby.

cobs4me

Lurker
May 21, 2015
Hi, I'm here to learn how to smoke a pipe because I have tried to smoke a pipe before and it was to painful for me to continue. So, I went back to cigs and now i'm willing to try again hopefully with different results this time. I have some briars (cheap estate pipes) but I like the cobs. Looking for guidance in technique and types of tobacco that wont irritate my mouth because I'll quit and not ever try it again if I get the same results as the last time.

welshrunner66

Lurker
Jun 3, 2015
New pipe smoker here as well! Am at the advanced age of 48 and FINALLY tried my first pipe a year ago, though it was a bad first time out and I was not pleased with it. Then, a few weeks ago, I went to folks who know what to do, learned a lot and tried again. This time it went well and I liked what the result was. So, i bought an unknown Italian briar from the basket, two different types of tobacco and went home to try. Very nice indeed!
]null
I live in the Portland,Oregon area and am enjoying all I can about this !! Hope to meet others and learn more.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Hey, How's it going? Started smoking a pipe over a year ago. I'm a musician, aspiring writer, loving husband and father, and a traveling man. I've sat back and visited this site often, Now I figured it was time to become more of an active member in this wonderful community of pipe smokers.

frenchy

Lurker
Mar 13, 2015
Bonjour! I'm French citizen living in the USA. I've been an occasional pipe smoker for the past 20 years, but mostly am a collector. My favorites are Chacom and Ropp pipes.

tgs679

Lurker
Jun 6, 2015
MA
Hello all. I am a fairly new piper(2 years) Im from the north shore of MA. some may recognize me from other tobacco related forums. glad to be a part of this community.

southpipe

Lurker
Jun 8, 2015
New Zealand
Hi all and greetings from Middle Earth, a.k.a. "New Zealand".
Starting smoking a pipe this Feb 2015 as was given a "souvenir" from Switzerland...thought it was just a tourist thing but turns out it was a nice BBK rustic briar. Now smoking Erinmore Mixture in a Dunhill Root Briar 577 (only tobacco we can get here, even then NZ$80 for 50g tin ;-( Would love to try Dunhill "My Mixture" but hard (impossible) to get here, even through the post.
I'm a jeweller and enjoying bringing many estate pipes back to former glory (even smoking some).
....currently growing Maryland and Shirely tobacco in my greenhouse.
Any other NZ'ers here...please contact me!!!! we need to help each-other enjoy this near lost pastime!

Jun 7, 2015
I already posted a new guy thread in the new guy forum however it can't hurt to introduce myself again. My name is Tyler, i just started pipe smoking a week ago and i am enjoying the meditative quality as well as some of the tastes of it. I hope to learn lots and find myself eventually being a productive member of this forum.

kg05

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
Ladies & Gentleman, greetings..from Malaysia.

Been piping for almost 2 years, and all the knowledge, technique etc I've learnt, I got it from pipesmagazine mainly..very useful and helpful community here. Nice to know you all. :)

rsavage

Lurker
Jun 7, 2015
Hey! New to the bbs. My Name is Rob. I am a new fulltime pipe smoker (Came from Cigarettes) I am from Alberta Canada. smokinpipes and tobaccomkt are my friends. (they send me good stuff ;) ) I smoked occasionally back in 2009, I made a ton of mistakes with my old medico pipe when it came to maintenance, I don't want to do that again. Cleaning a pipe is an issue for me. I want to do it right. My Missouri Meerschaum just went on the blink... don't ask *facepalm!!!!!!!!! I wont be doing that again. lets just say my Brigham wont be going through that. The corn pipes are cheap, and a great way to learn.
Anywho!!!!!! Great to be here. Lots of great information on Cellaring tobacco!. That's how I found this forum. Via Google!

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Hello, New to the Forum. I've been smoking, collecting, repairing and restoring pipes for the a little over a decade now. I've been on the DRGCF forum for a while and am a Grabow collector, but love all things pipes and any brand there of.

tightline55

Lurker
Jun 9, 2015
New guy here from South Florida. New to pipe smoking, only about two years now, I also smoke cigars about twelve years, I am an ex cigarette smoker....

trishd

Lurker
Jun 10, 2015
Hey All. I'm Trish and I work for PipesandCigars.com here in beautiful Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Started smoking a pipe about 2 years ago but still only an occasional smoker. I do love the fragrances when my husband smokes his pipe so I'm excellent when discussing room note! :clap:
Glad to be a part of this community!

littlebubba

Lurker
Jun 12, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Hey All,
Newer pipe smoker here, smoked a pipe occasionally 20 years ago (had no clue to what I was doing)

I now understand (but still learning) and enjoy very much what it is to smoke a pipe!

I'm in the Vancouver BC area and love sitting on my deck having a pipe - what great way to turn off your brain and relax.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Hi everybody,
new mwmber from Florence, Italy. Started to smoke pipe 10 months ago, started to manufacture pipe holders 8 months ago, started to built pipes 6 months ago. It's a nice hobby!

quicksilver

Lurker
May 22, 2015
Hi all
Pipesmoker here for about 20 years, on and off. I love cigars as well but pipes are my favorite way to enjoy tobacco (its all to do with the craftsmanship of the pipes and the art and ceremonial ritual of smoking a pipe). I live in the UK (in London) and I am a fan of Dunhills and the great Danish pipemakers (particularly Tom Eltang and Jens Tao Nielsen). I mainly smoke English blends and Virginia flakes but I like to spice it up with the odd Danish style aromatic as well.
Good to be here.
Thanks.
David

pablohoney

Lurker
Jun 18, 2015
Hello,
I've been smoking a pipe for... uh... maybe a month? Long-time cigarette smoker who quit a few years ago, and I recently decided that the occasional cigar (or maybe pipe!) wouldn't hurt. Suddenly, I've got a humidor going, and a small collection of pipes and tobacco.
I had tried a cob pipe and whatever cheap tobacco a big box store had way back when I turned 18, and hated it. Now, I've picked up a Grabow Royal Duke, which seemed pretty good. Now I'm waiting for a block meerschaum pipe and a vintage Hilson to show up. :puffy:

killingsin

Lurker
Jun 19, 2015
Grace to you,
My name is Jesse and I am awaiting the arrival of my first pipe due to be delivered today. Looking forward to my first smoke and dedicating an aroma pleasing to the Lord. Thankful for some Christian brothers whom have unknowingly introduced me to the art, hobby and what is seemingly much enjoyment to be found in pipe smoking. I am looking forward to getting to know many of you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.