PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
Hello y'all,
I had signed up in this site a few years ago but haven't participated in the form until now. My name is Travis and I'm from the Omaha Nebraska area. My current trade as my username suggests is diesel technician or mechanic depending on what part of the world your from. I have been smoking pipes off and on since 99. I was in the army, served three tours in Iraq. I look forward to discussing this great hobby and hopefully learn a few things while I'm here.
I have an odd collection of pipes mostly newer, but i inherited some from my grandad that include a 3 drill comoy's and a pipe called the pipe. An odd orangeish pink color and a pipe called a 14k, forget the brand name. those seem to date to the 40's and 50's. I enjoy Va's and areos and things light in latakia.
Look forward to discussions on allthings pipe.
Travis

charlespe

Lurker
Jul 24, 2014
Hi guys I am new to this forum and kind of new to smoking pipes too. However I am from Sri Lanka and I work as a freelance photographer

baines

Lurker
Jul 25, 2014
Hello,
I'm Ryan, originally from Michigan and recently moved to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I've been smoking pipes for about 10 years now, semi regularly depending on the weather. As far as online forums go, I've mostly been on christianpipesmokers.net, but I wanted to start frequenting this forum as it seems to have a more international appeal. I'm keen on figuring out the best way to get around the extreme taxes and lack of availability of pipe tobacco down under. I only have 100 grams of my prized cellar (most of which I left with a friend for safe keeping), with my wife and I bringing in one tin each duty free. I look forward to this forum and the community!
Best,
Baines (Ryan)

tdeondrey

Lurker
Jul 26, 2014
Hello there! My names Troy and I am here to to see if I can collect any knowledge from someone that might know how old this pipe set i have is and maybe it's value as a complete set. Has never been smoked from.

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Hello,

I am a new member and new to smoking pipes as well, I have been smoking occasionally for a few months now. I am from So-Cal and a college student.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Hi all, I've lurked for long enough on this site, I might as well join up and get involved. I've been smoking pipes for a little over a year now, I live in VA but grew up in western NY. I only smoke once a week or so, and that happens outside due to home re-sale considerations and out of respect for the wife. Maybe someday I'll have a mancave where I can smoke out of the elements, but until that day comes I must be a "fair-weather" smoker.
Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to taking part in this wonderful community!

hierophant

Lifer
Jul 27, 2014
Hello All.
First let me say, I wish I'd never found this site. The last thing I needed was another hobby to obsess over/spend money on. :) Oh well, done is done.
I've been smoking pipes off and on for a long time, but never 'seriously', if such a word even makes sense in this context. Mostly I've been a Dr. Grabow/drugstore tobacco smoker. I was vaguely aware that other options existed, but with no tobacconists nearby (and this in the pre-internet days) I sort of gave up and went to cigars. My interest was recently rekindled by an article in "Safari" magazine, of all places. I headed off to a nearby tobacconist (I now have one of those), bought a La Rocca Bella #5 (just happened to like the shape and finish) and a tin of Dunhill's London Mixture (sounded to me like something Kitchener or Gordon would have smoked) and then started looking for information on how to do it 'right', which landed me here.

redredus85

Lurker
Jul 28, 2014
Greetings from Texas!

I joined this site to learn more about the art of pipe smoking. No one in my family or any friends smokes a pipe, so here I am. I'm going to read old post and see what has already been answered. Thanks for letting me join your club.

Jul 29, 2014
Hello all! New to pipe smoking and so loving it. I tried it back in the early 80's with some Captain Black I purchased at the post exchange in Germany. Yea, that didn't last long at all. Put the cigarettes down and picked up the pipe. Love the flavors.

I have been scoping this site out for a while now and learned an aweful lot so I decided to finally go through the motions and join - glad I did.

A little about myself: My name is really James. If you want a RockStar name like my screen name, just take the name of your first Dog (or pet) and add it to the first street name you can remember growing up on. I am 53 from Salem Oregon. I smoke out of two H.I.S Briar pipes: One curved and one straight stemmed. I do prefer the curved however. Don't know too much about H.I.S Pipes but the curved is a fine smoker.

Ok, that's enough for now - Glad to be here and hope to get to know you... yes, you too.

2shot

Lurker
Jul 30, 2014
Hi everyone. I'm Brad. I'm new to pipes, and I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys. I'm been smoking cigars for a couple of years, but wanted to try something different to change my routine. I'm looking at purchasing my first pipe in the next couple of days. I have already been searching through the forums reading about different pipes and tobaccos to figure out what I want to try first.

thatjellyfish

Lurker
Jul 31, 2014
Hi everyone, im a newbie to smoking pipes, and officially tried it yesterday and i am hooked! Being that i live in Australia, my choices locally are limited and very expansive, $46AUD of a 5grn(around 2oz) tabaccoo, it smells nice when you open the tin, and smokes decently(to me anyways), but leaves a bad after taste. Australian goverment sucks. But i have been informed i can purchase little amounts of tabbaccoo from over seas, so i will be doing that considering it will be like $25AUD including delivery. Anyways, kinda of topic, but enjoyed my pipe smoking so far!

dlueck

Lurker
Aug 3, 2014
Hey all, I've been smoking pipes for 10 years and just got a new Preben Holm that I'm excited about. I'm eager to learn more.

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Welcome everyone I am a newbie myself and have found that this forum is full of wonderful people who are always willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions, it seemed to be the only way I could figure out all my problems!

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Welcome everyone I am a newbie myself and have found that this forum is full of wonderful people who are always willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask questions, it seemed to be the only way I could figure out all my problems!

ddavid

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
Opps double post I am not sure how that happened. MOD can you please take one of them down.

groovesmith75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2014
New to posting on the forum but wanted to thank all the help I've found in my last 2 years.Really helped my learning curve in preparing tobacco and maintaining my pipes. many great people always lending a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.