PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer

Lurker
Nov 9, 2012
Hello Ladies and Gents,

My name is Trent, I live is warm sunny Wyoming....ok I lied but I still live in Wyoming. Father of three awesome Kids my last still at home. I have smoked a pipe of and on for 20 or so years. Started when I was stationed in northern CA. with a couple of Jobeys that I wish I could find! but anyways over the years my tastes have gone to and fro I currently am really enjoying more of the english blends, but just today had a craving for an heavenly aromatic experience so the search for that begins. I was over at christian pipe smokers before my last pipe time out. I look forward to some enjoyable discussions and time here. I've got a feeling that my pipe time outs are at an end and the true enjoyment of the pipe experience is just starting.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Hey everyone. My name is Don but most people just call me Fitz or Fitzy. I'm from NY. Work in NYC and live out in the country. I had a family friend that was a pipe smoker. Always smoked out of a corn cob pipe and as a kid I always loved the smell of it. I started smoking a pipe when I was about 17 however I have never been a regular smoker just the occasional smoke. I did lose interest for a few years there in my 20's. I used to have a collection of maybe 20 pipes including some amazing meerschaum's that I lost probably 20 years go. Right now I only have 2 pipes a Peterson system standard w/ plip pipe(about 15 years old) that I love and another no name sand blasted pipe. I recently have picked up interest in it again. I've smoked aromatics and I did try an english blend once but I found it rather repulsive. Way too smokey tasting I know now it's probably the Latakia.
I'm interested in trying some virginia blends. At this point the Dunhill early morning pipe and the Escudo navy have piqued my interest as have the idea of flake tobacco.
I'm going to be scouring the forum's looking for new non aromatic blends to try.
I also have to say I'm loving this website and the weekly radio podcast.

noodle

Lurker
Nov 15, 2012
Hello people it seems im all alone over here in a rather damp little place called england, near liverpool to be roughly precise :D with my location

Ive smoked pipes on and off for a good few years and found this place when looking for a solution to having misplaced a pipe in a lake for a short while.

Oh im addicted to fishing for you new world lot northern pike in particular and mostly with lures.

mister

Lurker
Nov 18, 2012
Aloha folks!
My namn is Martin, 34 years old and I´m from Malmö(Sweden) I have been smoking cigars for 5y and recently started enjoying smoking pipe, right now I am trying to find my way around in the "pipeworld" when it comes to pipes and tobacco and so far so good :D
A story that has to do with pipes...
I am a a friends place at a (cigar)herf and one of they guys who is there tells me that he is into pipe and the secretary in the swedish pipeclub witch I though was cool(so I join the pipeclub ofcourse) and after a while he tells me that he knew Bo Nordh and was a close friend with Bo(one year Bo invited him to the big pipeshow in Chicago..free of charge) and when Bo passed away he inherit him, pipes and all...I almost drop my jaw of suprise.
Well enough of my and my bad english...happy that I found this place :D
/
Martin

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Hello, my name is Jake. I have been looking around here for a week or two so I figured I'd better go ahead and introduce myself. I am 25 and my interest in pipes began when I was younger and found a couple of pipes that belonged to my grandpa in his younger days. I have recently pulled them out along with a couple of my own. I look forward to asking questions and acquiring as much knowledge on the subject as I can.

airbornefish

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
Hello all, my name is Dan, but I go by fish usually. I am relatively new to pipe smoking (2 years), and as my profile says I only have two pipes. Other than smoking I enjoy spending time with my wife and our two lab mixes, off roading as in my picture (the wrangler is mine, the commander is a friend's), shooting (I own an ar-15, sks, m1 carbine, marlin model 60, and a Springfield xd .40 subcompact), reading, and of course xbox. I am in the army as an active duty soldier, airborne, and hoping to make a career out of it. So, that's me, nice to meet you and cant wait to get to know some of you

easydraw

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
Hello all,
My name is Cody im new to pipe smoking, found a bunch of old pipes in storage and thought why not give it a whurl! Never thought there were so many different types of tobaccos out there ( holly cow!) Been reading alot of posts and think I have a game plan for that.

multiballs

Lurker
Nov 24, 2012
hello all,

i'm JB from the netherlands,

my nickname is multiballs (pinball machines)

i have some poul winslow pipes,peterson's.stanwell,bigben and more...

i smoke different tobacco's,latakia's,penzance,winslowNR1,troost slices

dunhill erly morning,nightcap,dunhill flake and more.....
greetz from the netherlands

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Good day all

I'm Johnny, from Yorkshire in the UK, but currently a mathematics student in sunny Scotland! Have been smoking pipes and a occasional cigars for over 4 years now, have bought and sold many pipes. Have a nice collection now of 20. Starting listening to the radio show and like a lot of the articles posted and would like to give my two cents on some of the forum posts so here I am! Great site, looking forward to getting stuck in! Pictures of pipes and such to come.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Welcome Johnny, JB, Cody, Fish and any of the other new guys I've missed. I'm new as well. Radio show rocks check it out for those of you that haven't.
I'm curious Johnny what tobacco's you like to smoke over there in the UK? Also I have to ask if you have a football team in the EPL you root for.

tmilz20

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
Hola and hello! My name is Tim, having an official address in the Great Lakes State of Michigan. That's just where I get my mail however because 1 out of every 3 days I'm in a Delta Airlines airplane crossing the country or traveling to South America. Makes it hard to grab a bowl of my favorite McClelland Mellow Mack in my favorite Bekler Meerschaum pipe, but I do my best to make up for it! I love to travel, love my family, and love the beach. I've been smoking a pipe off and on for 30 years, and love it every time I get to light up. I appreciate you guys letting me in to the group, and look forward to some virtual story telling around the humidor for many years to come. Thanks!

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Greetings everyone! Name here is Jason. I have been smoking a pipe now going on 16 years and I must say, I am not as advanced as some of you even though I have been smoking a while. I enjoy mild aromatics and have recently discovered more English type blends (Dunhill is one of them). My wife doesn't like the English blends at all but she tolerates the aromatics.. hehehe Pipe smoking to me is a way to relax and enjoy finer things in life. The feel of the pipe in my hands, the taste of the tobacco, and just the enjoyment of the moment.
I have about 17 pipes in my collection including Petersons, my first estate pipe (Stanwell), and about 5 Meerschaums. I recently acquired a Design Berlin pipe while I was in Hamburg a few weeks back for a conference.
I am finding that pipe smokers are some of the friendliest people around and seem to share some of my interests.
Other things I am into:
Amateur Astronomy - I enjoy building telescopes and spending time under the stars. I usually light up a bowl while I wait for the sun to set.

Amateur Radio - Callsign N8XE

Music - I play keyboards and other instruments at church and in a band

Old Book Collecting - Especially German Astronomy books from the 1800s

Craft Beers and good Whiskey (including Scotch)
Nice to see a thriving online pipe smoking community. I hope to contribute in some way. I plan to make my first pipe sometime in the upcoming year.
Jason

safaripete

Lurker
Nov 29, 2012
Hi All, my name is Peter and I've been smoking pipes since 1967. I'm a retired NYC Police Detective living in Central Oregon. Fly fishing, trap and skeet shooting , and driving are my other enjoyments . Relaxing with a nice pipe full of tobacco is a fine way to spend an afternoon. Looking forward to sharing some "pipe speak"with all of you.

Thanks for the friendship!!

Safaripete

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Hi!

My name is Walt, I'm from central Florida. I used to be into pipes... then was out for a while. Now I'm into pipes again! Go figure...
Cheers!

devinxpipe

Lurker
Nov 30, 2012
Hello,
I'm Devin and am brothers with austinxpipe. The first day I smoked a pipe was when I went into George's Smoke Shop in downtown Holland. What an aromatic and relaxing time that was with one of my good friends, Ryer.
I'm going to Kendall in Grand Rapids, but soon will be going to NMU in Marquette.
Another very important thing is, I make comic strips and stories on my site devincomics.webs.com with my "business partner" Dylan. He makes B3dta, and I make everything else. I even drew austinxpipe's avatar on this site. I plan to post pipe-related cartoons, like the gentleman J. King.
Happy Huffing,

Devin

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Welcome Bro!! Great to have another Brother of the Briar, especially a biological one!!

cheermeister

Lurker
Dec 2, 2012
Hi Everyone. I just recently started smoking pipes about six months ago when my dad got his first pipe. I joined because I am really wanting to learn as much as I can about pipe smoking. I have yet to buy a nice brand new one but I have four that I bought at some antique stores. Excited to learn what I can from these forums.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Wow. A TON of new members :D Welcome to the forum everyone. One of the friendliest places around.

samrvior

Lurker
Dec 2, 2012
Hello Everyone.
My name is Samuel Vior, I've smoked for about two and half yrs. After a long 8 yrs hiatus from Cigars. And I just wished I tried it a lot sooner. I truly enjoy smoking a pipe, briar, meerschaum, cob, morta and Honduran Rose so far. My favorite shapes are Billiards, Brandy, Cherrywood Bents all bents. I also prefer Italians and French briars above all, and finally tobaccos Va, Vaper, Burley and Cavendish. will start tasting English (latakia and orientals this winter time).
I have coined this motto "I do, happily puffing ever after"
Good Puffing!

Status
Not open for further replies.