PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmkiefer

Lurker
Sep 7, 2012
Ontonagon, MI
Hi all. I joined about 2 weeks ago and have been a lurker just seein' what the general environment is here. I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula on the shore of Lake Superior. Picked up pipe smoking in the late 80's while in the Air Force and smoked exclusively Captain Black Royal and really never learned the proper way to smoke a pipe (I smoked 'em hot and just HAD to scrape all that crust out of the bowl!). I gave it up after a few years, but never got rid of my pipes. Went to smoking aromatic type cigars...Swishers, Middletons, Black and Tans, etc. Just started with the pipes again in the last couple of years and have learned a lot about slowing down and keeping it cool.
I've learned alot here already and you guys seem like a great bunch to hang out with. Look forward to the interaction.
Chris

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
hello everyone, my name is mike lyvers. iam from louisville,kentucky. i was a forum member for about a year, i was kicked off the forum for a forum violation which i highly regret. i have been allowed to rejoin this great forum. i have missed this forum greatly. iam very sorry for the violation. i want to say iam very sorry to all forum members and to kevin. i realize my mistake. i hope to be active forum member once again. i love pipes and tobacco and everything associated with our hobby. you guys are great, thank you.
take care all.
mike.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
Hows everyone doing?
Names Jared, currently living in San Antonio, TX, originally from San Diego, CA.
I might be the youngest member here :P only 26 years young.
I am a technology freak. (Know an extreme amount about phones, laptops, ultrabooks, desktop pcs, so if you

have any questions about that stuff or advice/recommendations, let me know)
I work as a graphic designer for a computer store chain in TX, Altex Electronics.
I hold an associates of applied sciences from ITT tech in Multimedia, and I love to design / draw.
Got into pipe smoking because I remember the smell and watching my grandpa sitting at the table smoking his pipe

and really wanted to give it a shot.
If theres anything else you want to know about me, www.facebook.com/jaredsdesigns

willjames

Lurker
Sep 25, 2012
hi i'm will been smoking a pipe since i was 18 i'm a photographer and painter

i love music, movies, comics, art, video games books i'm a bit of a geek

i hope to learn more about pipe smoking here look forward to getting to know you all

annioli

Lurker
Sep 22, 2012
baton rouge, LA
Hello. I am definitely new to smoking, just started a couple weeks ago. I have been a pipe enthusiast for a bit longer, just never smoked. My first smoking experience was with briar; but I've found that as a new smoker, I'm having an easier time with meerschaum right now. Will hopefully "re-graduate" to briar at some point. Give breaking in my own pipe a go. I have been told that I am spoiled as far as pipe choices are concerned. My boyfriend has been a collector for about 30 years, so my first briar experience was with one of his Ashton's. I am now breaking myself in as a smoker on a Strambach meerschaum he just gave me. So, again, lucky me. I entered the pipe world because I started doing a lot of buying/selling of estate pipes so that my BFs pipe addition wouldn't force us into financial insolvency. (That's only sort of a joke. :) And since I am an art-lover, history-lover, and information-geek in general, this means that I had no choice but to research and learn a lot about pipes & pipe-making over the last year, cause, well, that's just how I am. Ha. I find the craftsmanship and history extremely interesting, love the artistry, especially of Italian crafted briar. And now that I've decided to dive in as a smoker (which I think was inevitable), I'm learning about tobacco blends. Many many questions will be forthcoming I'm sure. Bear with me if you can! Cheers!

joseph

Lurker
Sep 24, 2012
Hey everyone i am Joseph. i am 30 yrs old. i live in east texas. i have been a cigar smoker for awhile. i am in the middle of moving and meet my new neighbor over the weekend. as we were talking i offered him a cigar. After the cigar he offered me a pipe. i had never smoked a pipe until then. i really enjoyed the taste, smell, and frankly everything about it. The next day he walked over and handed me a pipe and 4 bags of diff. tabaco. i knew right then this was a great neighbor and a great brother of the leaf. He told me about this website, so i am here to learn as much as i can. i trully am about as green/noob as they come! thanks crpntr1 for the pipe and baccy and telling me about this place. thanks,Joseph

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
Hello, my name is Del, I am 27yrs old and from Tampa.
To make a long story short...I used to smoke cigars every now and then prior to getting married. Well...needless to say my better half (Wife) has a stong dislike to smoking period. But most of all she HATES the smell of a cigar.
So recently I thought of my grandfather who passed away when I was around 3-4 yrs old. Other then pictures the only thing I can remember about him is that he smoked a pipe and I recall always smelling sweet cherries.
So I decided to follow in his steps and try pipe smoking. So I have been to a local tobacconist as well as found a few pipe smokers (Rare Existance) in the area. Those people have given me a wealth of knowledge. I have also been lurking forums, YouTube, and well...Ebay.
As of yet no complaints from my better half...other than the simple rule of no smoking inside the house...So things are going great and I have already done a small sample order from Milan Tobaccos. I am currently putting together a bucket list as I am planning a order from either P&C or SmokingPipes. I have mostly only smoked aromatics but I am looking to branch out.
Well...I think that is enough about me...Hopefully I can learn a lot from everyone here as well as make plenty of new friends within the pipe community.

maxpower

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
Hey everyone,
I joined the site a few weeks ago, but I wanted to wait until I had something to post. I'm very new to pipe smoking, having just gotten my first pipe about a month ago. Before then I'd smoked cigars here and there, and was a casual cigarette smoker. However, pipe smoking seemed almost a lost art to me. That is until I did some research on the internets. Youtube has been an incredible resource. Having watched some select video channels and delved into some online forums, I decided to dive in and buy a pipe.
I purchased a nice Aldo Velani rusticated billard briar pipe from pipesandcigars.com and began my journey. I made the mistake of buy some very cheap Captain Black tobacco (just to get a feel for the experience) and was not please with the experience. I soon learned the error of my ways and purchased some Mississippi River tobacco and was set on the right path! Great smoke!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying out different blends and learning more about the experience that is pipe smoking!
Cheers!

aaronbrill

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2012
Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for about a week and figured I should join up. I've been enjoying the information and help everyone shares, it sure seems like a great group of people. Anyway, I'm 33 years old and I've been a non-smoker my whole life but just recently decided to take up the pipe. I'm sure my story is a familiar one...I had a grandfather that smoked a pipe every day and I was always intrigued by it and enjoyed it when he smoked. He passed away last December so the pipe is my way of helping keep his memory going. I bought a corncob pipe and a pouch of one of the tobaccos he used to smoke and I've been enjoying it ever since.
Aaron

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Hi everyone... new to the site but been smoking a pipe since 1992. I am really enjoying the fact that pipe's seem to be making a comeback... anyways hope to see some of you around the forums as I explore the site some more.
now for a quick snippet of me: I am 42 married with 2 children and and I design and manufacture high end custom furniture for a family business, I have been practicing Muay Thai for almost 16 years now and love all combat sports. I love the mountains and am into self reliance and survivalism... oh and I LOVE my fire-arms :) other than that just a sarcastic ass (so dont take things I say too serious) but if you get me, its allot of fun. :)

anything else... just ask.
Have a great day,

Erick.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Hello everyone... new to the site and new to pipes... quit cigarettes a few years back and I've been vaping... works great for getting off of cigs... but I do miss the taste of real tobacco... my father was a pipe smoker... and I had the opportunity to try many pipes in his fine collection over the years... Ordered my first pipe a few days ago... and I am excited to get going... One thing I am looking for is some good rich tobacco with anise/licorice notes... thanks, G

Status
Not open for further replies.