PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gungnir

Lurker
May 22, 2012
Good Morning from the sunny state of California. I've have been lurking here for a little over a year, started smoking a pipe a month or two before that, needless to say being extremely new to pipe smoking I scoured the internet for information and found this little gem, which has brought me much knowledge, finally I decided to become a member instead of just being one of those random lurkers. For now my collection consists of 2 MM's and a Bjarne Viking classic. I'd also like to thank all the members that contribute so much to this community it has helped me immensely.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
Cheers & Greeting from the dirty south (St. Augustine Fla), 6th generation Floridian. I have been smoking cigars for years, but only puffed on my cheap Dr. Grabow once a month or so. Well I have discovered that the variations in tobacco have captured me. I have been wearing out my new MM and going through some C&D blends. I am going to invest in a new briar bulldog soon!

pegleg

Lurker
May 22, 2012
Hello everyone!! I've been a cigar smoker for years. At the request of my father, who is an avid pipe smoker, I picked up a pipe and a bulk Tinder Box blend about 2 months ago. So far, I'm really enjoying the pipe. The only issue that I've had is finding a blend that is as bold as I like. I've tried Philosopher from Tinder Box, Avante Guard from Tinder Box, Frog Morton on the Bayou and Dunhill Flake. I have a tin of Dunhill Night Cap and a tin of C&D First Responder that arrived today and a tin of Jackknife Plug that will be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting into these blends. I've read great things about all of them.
I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here and contributing what I can!!
Bryan

hamelinpiper

Lurker
May 23, 2012
Hello I'm Bryan from Cave Creek, Arizona. I purchased my first pipe on my last birthday, didn't put the time into it right away with school and work. I have read articles and information posted here for the last few months. Recently I have been smoking my pipes everyday and have found great enjoyment and relaxation out of it.

I hope to add to my pipe/tobacco collection and continue my new hobby from here on out.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Hello, 41 yrs old living in N. Phoenix. Started smoking "good" cigars this last X mas. Decided to try pipes this last week with some cheapie cobs and a "English Sampler" from P&C. All 5 of the sampler tobacco was tasty. Further research is needed to see if the is a preference!!!! Just stopped by to say hello.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Hi everyone, just started to get back into my pipes after a ten year break. Mostly smoking cigars and cigarettes in that time. I am 54 and living in Sarasota FL. I have 4 kids and 2 dogs and lots of free time to read my books, smoke my pipes and chill in the sun. I have a lot of aged tobacco because I went nuts back in 02 and didn't smoke a lot of it. My tastes have changed from mostly english to mostly va flakes and vapers. My pipe collection was mostly sold off years ago and I only kept around 15. Having the OBD ( obsessive buying disorder) I am sure I will be stocking back up again. Looking forward to interacting and getting to know some of you folks.

May 25, 2012
Hello everyone!

Im from Rochester, NY and Ive been smoking pipe on and off for several years, but have jumped in seriously in the past few months as a means of kicking a pernacious cig habit, which I think I can officially say I have actually accomplished the feat. Currently, Im a cannoneer assigned to the 5th Field Artillery Regiment, stationed at Fort Sill, OK. Ill be at the end of my term of service in a couple of weeks and Im super excited about finally being able to head back to Rochester for good!!! Quite a LONG time coming! Happy to be part of the community, Cheers!

motrix

Lurker
May 29, 2012
Greetings everyone, just signed up. I am from the San Francisco Bay Area Ca and I have been smoking cigarettes on and off for about 20 years and smoke cigars occasionally. I recently decided to quit smoking cigarettes 1 month ago and wanted to still be able to relax once in awhile, some alone time so last week I picked up my first pipe, a Stanwell Zebrano sandblasted 40 and an aromatic blend from a local B&M. I went in thinking I was going to pick up a Savinelli but this one just spoke to me. I enjoyed my first few bowls and over the long weekend put in an order for a Peterson system 302, Savinelli Leonardo rusticated self portrait, and another Peterson Killarney 999 as well as multiple tins. Can't wait for them to arrive but for now will enjoy what I have and absorb as much as I can from here.

motrix

Lurker
May 29, 2012
Greetings everyone, just signed up. I am from the San Francisco Bay Area Ca and I have been smoking cigarettes on and off for about 20 years and smoke cigars occasionally. I recently decided to quit smoking cigarettes 1 month ago and wanted to still be able to relax once in awhile, some alone time so last week I picked up my first pipe, a Stanwell Zebrano sandblasted 40 and an aromatic blend from a local B&M. I went in thinking I was going to pick up a Savinelli but this one just spoke to me. I enjoyed my first few bowls and over the long weekend put in an order for a Peterson system 302, Savinelli Leonardo rusticated self portrait, and another Peterson Killarney 999 as well as multiple tins. Can't wait for them to arrive but for now will enjoy what I have and absorb as much as I can from here.

sabertooth

Lurker
May 30, 2012
Hey guys. I'm a 20 year old from New Brunswick, Canada. I've been smoking cigs since I was 17 years old, and recently kicked the habit all together. I've recently smoked mini cigars most weekends with friends, but start to grow tired of it. Theres something about pipes that interest me. I've bought a Brigham pipe (#184) not long ago for $40 and enjoying my first real tobacco " Mac Baren Vanilla Cream"
Like I said something(s) draws me toward this hobbies. Theres something about the pipes themselves that feel like works of art. Something that cigs and cigars can never have.

davidg

Lurker
May 27, 2012
Hi,
My interest in pipe smoking has been rekindled after losing a old "Don-Lou".

Is anyone familiar with the "Don-Lou" line of pipes? They were hand made made in Brooklyn, (Bath Beach) back in the 60's and 70's.

I'm almost overwhelmed with the wide variety of pipes now available. I'm thinking of buying a Savinelli 320 ex.
Looking forward to sharing this art with all of you.

Thanks, David

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Hello to you all, been lurking around a while. Love the discussion here, decided to sign up. I am 41, married, no kids. I have been smoking cigars since I was a teen(more or less) and picked up an Kaywoodie estate pipe for smoking the cigar nubs about a year ago. That didn't work out to my liking and I became more intriuged with pipes. I now have 15 estate pipes that I have cleaned up or have lightly restored. Most are briar pipes, but have one meer pipe I picked up a few weeks ago(have not smoked yet). I alternate between cigars and pipes.
Glad to be here.
-Jason

mrmccarthy

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
Hello Gentlemen,

My name is Augustus McCarthy and I am of the younger generation of pipe smokers being only 18. I live in Sacramento and attend Sacramento State, plan to major in history with an emphasis on military history.
I currently only own one churchwarden but plan on ordering a new pipe soon after i look around some more.
I joined this site because i find pipe smokers to be the best company even if its via the internet.
Cheers!

-MrMcCarthy

ckquatt

Lurker
May 31, 2012
Hey guys!!! New member here! I've been smoking a pipe as more of a hobby (every now and then)for about 3 years now. I recently got married and my wife has begged me to stop smoking cigs and go to my pipes and cigars full time. She even lets me smoke them in the house (not the cigs!) I look forward to learning more and more as I prowl the forum. I am a voracious reader and I am from the forum mantra of "read more, post less".
I have a few pipes I would like to share with you guys here in the next few days. One especially that my wife bought me last year that is at least over 100 years old. I've been trying to find out more about it but it's been slow going.
Anyway it's a pleasure to meet you guys and hope to learn a lot while I'm here!!

deadwoodpete

Lurker
May 31, 2012
Howdy all. Greetings from wild and wonderful West (by God) Verginny.
I lurked for a while to get to know a few of the posters here, and decided it was about time to come out of hiding and join in with my fellow pipe enthusiasts.
I'm an aspiring Speculative Fiction writer, although I have done a few short stories and provided a bit of web content, as well as an all around joker when the mood takes me.
I've smoked a pipe off and on since the 70s, and I do believe I'm back to a pipe for good.
BTW: Yes, that is me in the pic. Yes, my hair is actually that long. No, I'm not balding; I just like the hat. No, that isn't a fancy straight jacket, (although my wife says I need one), it is a western vest. And YES, I am very happy to make your acquaintance.
Now that you all know I really am off my rocker, I hope to get to know as many of you as I can better.
Have a good one, Gang. :D

deadwoodpete

Lurker
May 31, 2012
Okee Dokee. I've no idea why my avatar isn't showing up on the forums, or where the edit link went to, but there you go. Now, I'm beginning to wonder what the wife may have spiked my Cavendish with?!! o_O

carenvisa

Lurker
May 29, 2012
Hi all:
I'm from Veracruz, Mexico, but now I work in the capital. I began formally with the pipe in the 90's, when I could enjoy long periods of smoking without using so many matches. Before I left a trail of matches on the road for each pipe (so to speak).
I smoke almost everything, especially Virginias, virginia + perique, virginia + Latakia.
I like all the pipes, the meerschaum however I like and use most often.
So friends, I am pleased to be here with you.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Hello new friends! I have had a pipe for a couple of years that I only smoked VERY rarely and I've decided that in order to give up cigarettes and give myself another hobby to obsess over I'll really get into pipe smoking. I enjoy it very much and I am also extremely enamored of pipes in general as just the coolest personal accessory that a guy can carry. I live out in the boonies outside of DFW on a couple acres of dirt with my wonderful wife and our 2 awesome kids. I'm also a new member over at the Tamp and Puff forum under the same handle. Looking forward to talking to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.