PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
Well I've been here almost 3 weeks and haven't introduced myself yet. Sorry 'bout that.
biggrin.gif
My name is Rogers, I'm married and have 2 children. I also have PAD.
puffy.gif
I'm enjoying this site so far and hope to be around for a while. :)

stonewall

Lurker
Mar 30, 2012
Hello Everyone!
New member here. Been smoking pipe since 2004 I believe; started out with OTC's and have found many wonderful blends since.
I look forward to conversation as well as education on this art.
Regards,
Steven

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
Hello All,

I am new to pipe smoking. I have been a cigarette smoker for the past 22 years and still do enjoy it but as I am getting older (40 in 3 months) I find myself going outside for a smoke and sitting there in my chair and think about my day, my up coming day and week. I also have a soon to be 2 year old son who now takes up a lot of my time thinking and planing for his future. About 2 weeks ago my neighbor was walking by and he came up to my porch and said something to the effect of "Russ you sit out here every night in your rocker, sipping your Gin, and having a smoke. All you need is a pipe to complete the picture of a man with life on on his mind". So I started to start thinking about what he said and laughed it off as just the old guy next door busting my chops.
I should back track for a second, I am an avid RYO cigarette maker. I started a few months ago, was just a hobby, something to offset the cost of the name brand smokes I was buying. I am a glazier, and my days can be very stress full, so I figured I would buy my smokes for the day, but at night enjoy my own homemade smokes. Well that lasted about a week, I enjoyed making my own so much I went full bore, making them for myself and my soon to be wife. Bought a nice machine went through a bunch of sample tobaccos until I found one that I truly enjoyed. Anyway, last week I had to run to my local Cigar shop to get some tubes because I did not order online in time to coincide with me running out of the stock I had. I have been in this shop many times, and always loved the aroma when I walked in. So, as I was waiting for the kid working the counter to get off the phone arguing with his girlfriend (i live in NJ and that's good customer service cause he was not cursing at her and said he was sorry). I laughed and asked him if Jim was around, Jim came out and told him what my neighbor said and told him I wanted to try it. So he sold me a 7.00 cob pipe, and 2oz of an aromatic he had in a big glass jar. I came home, got online and did a search on how to load a pipe. That's when I found this place. Needless to say I am hooked!
I order a few tins last night, Cornell & Diehl Evening Rise, Benjamin Hartwell Evening Stroll, Dunhill Tin Night Cap and Butera Latakia No.1. I read a bunch of reviews, and even though I am new to this, I know what I think I like, and well I wanted to try a few different blends just like I did for my RYO. I also ordered a starter set of pipes from P&C http://www.pipesandcigars.com/3pipesfor4599.html, but I also ordered, and not sure if it was smart but I just loved the way it looked and the price was very reasonable, so I added it to my cart http://www.pipesandcigars.com/mahachpi.html. It should all be here by Tues/Wed I am very excited as I know I am going to truly enjoy my new passion for all things pipe.
Ok, I think that's enough rambling for my first post. Have a great night all!

Thanks for reading,

Russ.

sojin

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
Hello. I am Rob and I have not yet begun collecting pipes, but I am about to start. I am still looking for my first pipe. I am eager to start, I can't wait to sit out on my patio and enjoy the weather with a pipe. I don't imagine using it more than a few times a year, but it seems very relaxing.

gregw

Lurker
Apr 1, 2012
Hi everyone!!! new guy here. My name is Greg and I live in ND with my wife and 8 kids. Been smoking a pipe for over 30 years and sure do enjpy them. My main interest in pipes are English makes. I have about 27 pipes right now. Quite a few Dunhills and a few other "better" known makes.
Just happy to be here and always willing to learn and gain knowledge from others.
Thanks so much and see you on the forums!!!
All the best!
Greg

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
gregw

Hi everyone!!! new guy here. My name is Greg and I live in ND with my wife and 8 kids.
Hey man, whatsamatta u ? ( that is the university where Bullwinkle graduated )
Don't you know that almost one full percent of the habitable land mass of the world is festering with carbon dioxide exhaling people ?
My family has been so concerned about how the plants might get too much carbon dioxide and proliferate that we only have 7 kids so far . We teach them to take short breaths .
Welcome .

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Hey guys!
My name is Jim. I'm a 19 year-old high school student in West Lafayette, Indiana (Home of the Purdue Boilermakers!). I started smoking a pipe a little over a year ago, and, thanks to my uncle up in Connecticut, my collection has grown quickly to around 20 different pipes! Just this month ! enlisted in the Navy as a technician in advanced electronics and computer systems/networking and will be shipped out in September of this year. I can't tell you how excited I am!! Found this site while I was reading up on the history of Comoys, and I am glad to be here an excited to "shoot the wind" with the fellas on here!

roguefox

Lurker
Mar 21, 2012
Haha they are coming soon Spartan. I have a new pipe on the way so that's an excellent excuse to do two things I love: show off and people watch! dlrayrn, would it be possible to get a link to that research?? I'd love to do the same thing you did and show it off.

jobacco

Lurker
Apr 3, 2012
Hi all,

im a new pipe smoker from Canada (Montreal).

I went to Blatter and Blatter to get my first pipe, a Genod.

I know its a shame that i went to Blatter and Blatter and havent got a Blatter pipe, but i wanted something not expensive to start with and the Genod was one of them.

So far i smoke pipe since last saturday, and today, 4 days later i see a big improvement in the way i smoke and the taste my pipe haves.

Theres a cake thingy going on also so i guess i did it right.

Looking forward to read you guys.

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
welcome new members .
jobacco wrote

yes - that cakey thing in your pipe is good - but that cake thingy on your face may need some medical attention before it takes over everything ...

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
welcome new members .
jobacco wrote

yes - that cakey thing in your pipe is good - but that cake thingy on your face may need some medical attention before it starts to erode your mind ...
see - it is already effecting me

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Hi I'm Gunnar Iv been smoking since January, I'm 18 Some of my other Hobbies include fishing shooting flying radio control airplanes camping mountain biking etc. I play trumpet and I'm learning guitar. I plan on enlisting in the marine corps by the end of this year. I have a YouTube channel as well where I perticipate in the pipe smoking community there.
Cheers

Gunnar

joeluka

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
Hello all my new Brothers-of-the-Leaf. My Name is Joe and I have been a cigar smoker for 20 years but fell in love with my Pipes and that wonderful Pipe tobacco about4-5 years ago. I hope to become a part of this community.
I live on Looooooooong Island as so many like to say but that means I'm lucky to be in driving distance of so many great tobacco shops, I'm usally able to get a good share of some great tobaccco's.
There are some blends I need help getting a hold of so please to go to Tobaccocellar.com/joeluka and see if you my want to do some trading and stuff.
PM me all you guys want. I am here to work with u guys, so trading is cool and I will be happy to pick up and mail any of you guys anything I can get.
Looking forward to being a member here.
Joe Lukaszewski

cegjay

Lurker
Apr 6, 2012
Hello all! I'm Jay from Philadelphia and probably know a bunch of you guys from another forum. Heard a lot about PM so wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Been a pipe guy for about a year now. Love sports and love photography. Hope to chat again soon.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Hey everyone. Just started back on the pipe December of 2011. I originally gave it a try when I was 18, but was too much of a pain cause I've worked some dirty jobs. Moved to cigs and then dip. Luckily my brother sent me a pipe for Christmas and it got me back in to it. Also trying out the tins instead of just the house blends so I have been really enjoying myself.

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
welcome new members !
@joeluka
very nice collection ->
i am curious about the following wording on the web site you mentioned
Based on past usage, this cellar should last for 22 years and 4 months (~ Aug 2034)

Puffing at the average rate of less than a single bowl a Week! (total approx 0.6 oz Monthly)
wondering why it is based on less than a single bowl a week

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
Good evening all........

I'm beyond new as I'm looking for my first pipe. looking for advice.

Background-

Smoke - occasional cigar on the golf course or in evening. smoking some cigars seems like a full time job. Love the first 20-30 minutes then need a rest....

Drink - Gin, Scotch, Whiskey (all neat) and dry full body wines. flavor, flavor,flavor.

Hobbies - Motorcycle (BMW 1200GS Adv.), home brewer, flyfishing and the internet.
I've learned more on the forums over at advrider.com about biking than 20 years of experience which is why i'm reaching out in this form for the expertise. My local smoke shop is a bit too snoody.
I know i'm ordering Savinelli just don't know which one....

I also need help with tobacco, the mechanics are all over the net.
Looking forward to the advise, which unlike some others, I WILL heed.
Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.