PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
Hello to everyone...

Daniel, born in Germany and most of my life living in Croatia... i have been smoking pipes for a year now.. also, for about a year i am making pipes for myself, friends... regards to everyone here - nice site...

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Evening folks, Brian here.

About 3 years ago I started working on quitting a 20 to 30 a day cigarette habit.

Began with e-cigs, spent a lotta scratch on em' but never really felt right.

Snus and then snuff in combination got me clear where the e-cigs had failed.
I was enjoying tobacco tremendously with the snus and snuff but I missed the psychological/spiritual(?) gratification of the ritual of rolling a cig and the pleasure derived from the feel of the smoke in my mouth and the sight of the smoke as it drifted away.
Epiphany (-;

Pipe
Cheapo Chinese cob and a pack of Half and Half about 18 months ago and the game was definitely on!

Learned quite a lot from a couple of other forums in the time since, now I'm just wandering round the interweb seeing who else is out there.
So, well met fellow devotees of the briar, I'll make a point of adding my $0.02 whenever I feel I have some clue as to what I may be saying.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I suppose I should have posted here before this, but let me introduce myself now.
I’m Robert, 51, a believer-husband-dad-attorney-sheepdog. Law is my second profession – I was a newspaper reporter for 13 years before I went to law school (and I've had lots of other interesting jobs along the way.)
I live south of Miami with my darling bride of nearly 20 years (a high school teacher) and our two sons (ages 18 and 8). I met and married my wonderful woman here in Miami and soon had to improve my Spanish porque soy el unico gringo en una tremenda familia Cubana.
I enjoy shooting (IDPA & defensive carbine), camping, hiking and playing a guitar badly and reading history. I’m an elder on the session of my church and am an adjunct law professor at UM.
I started smoking a pipe more than 30 years ago in college. Here in Miami for the past 20+ years I dedicated more interest to cigars, since they were so abundant and excellent. But I’ve recently reverted back to more pipe smoking as I find it more relaxing -- and there’s more nifty stuff to buy. I smoke only about a bowl per day, except on quiet weekends or on vacation when I have been known to enter what my wife calls "chimney mode."
I found this forum while hunting the webs for tobacco reviews and I think it’s just nifty. (Kevin – no ad blocker here. I actually ENJOY the ads and have been following the links to learn about different products.)

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Welcome new members! If you wanna talk pipes,youve came to the right place.Be carefull,this site can lead you to spending money on pipes and tobacco,lol.Its a great site that has been a blessing to me in my learning.Enjoy

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Hi everyone. My name is Mike. I live in Chester, South Carolina. Im 35 years old and have been smoking a pipe for four years now. I've always been facinated with the pipe since I was a kid. My Grandfather smoked one for a while then switched to cigars. I love pictures of people smoking a pipe and like to read stories of pipe smokers. Would be nice to find some pipe smokers in my area. I do believe Pipe Smoking is becoming more popular.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Hello to all.

I first started smoking a pipe in 1961, switched to cigs, then back to pipes again.
I'm retired now, and smoke my pipe practically all day long.
New to forums, don't know the protocol but I'll learn.
Later,

Ranger

vincent

Lurker
Jul 1, 2011
Hello to all, I'm Vincent , I live in Milano, Italy- totally new to any kind of Forum, but I learn fast and I hope my English will improve fast too. I'm 59 (but really 28/29 deep inside..) I'm an landscape and architecture photographer.

But mostly I'm a returning pipe smoker, many years ago I got engaged into the Pipes & Tobacco world, with all the traditions, etiquettes,and behaviors but I was so concerned with that while I was reading and learning that I smoked really too much. The loving affair suddently was interrupted...got probs with gums the doc stop me. Now is ok, and I'll not be keeped from my beloved pipes & Tobacco, I must learn a more careful discipline and this site got a lot to teach in terms of knowlwdges and good manners.

I found many thing radically changed expecially in the tobaccos scenery, a lot is gone,(the King Sobranie, the Crown Achievement tinned type, at least for me) some are a dim memory of the past (Dunhill and Rattray's mixtures)But I discovered also some good news , the American contemporary scene in tobacco! (but too many! I'm scared to make confusion trying them all, what do you friends would suggest to a (not so experienced but appassionate) poor smoker back again that ended up preferring: the old Sobranie - the tinned version of C.A. and just a tad of old Black Mallory?

Thanks to everybody- Vincent

dojomatic

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Greetings everyone. As a newbie, I've been scouring the internet trying to learn everything I can about pipe smoking. I just had my first bowl less than two weeks ago. Unfortunately, I've had some pipe acquisition "issues" since I'm already on my 10th pipe and counting. I think I need help!

wlfwalleye

Lurker
Jul 2, 2011
Hello all, I'm Kyle. Been smoking pipes and cigars for 16yrs or so. Mostly into the cigars, but I love the pipes

when I really want to relax or read a good book. I work long hours at night so I will be mostly checking in in the mornings. I am trying to familarize myself with this forum setup and am looking forward to getting to know you guys.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
There are a lot of new members lately, photographers, both former military and active (thanks to you all), long-time, and new pipe smokers. Just goes to show how varied and diverse our membership really is.

We have active and former Firemen, a couple of mortician, Doctors, Lawyers, members of the Clergy, writers, the unemployed and the retired, students, architects, tobacco industry experts, opinionated lay-men and women, husbands, and wives... There are Italians, Americans, Brits, Japanese, Turks, Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans, Greeks, Netherlanders, Germans, Koreans, ... I believe we have a member from the Marshall Islands, and more from many more countries.

It is truly wonderful.
Thank you new members for becoming one of this world-wide community of pipe smokers.

We all look forward to your comments, questions, and pictures.

Welcome to the fraternity!

mukihr

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2011
thank you all for having us here :) :) it is a nice place to be :P

regards, daniel

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Wow, there have been a lot of new members. Welcome to all the newest ones. Glad to see many of you jumping right in with posts, pics and questions.

densprit

Lurker
Jul 5, 2011
Hi! I'm Dennis. I've been smoking pipes occasionally for about four years now. I'm training to be in the medical profession, and I have some friends here in med school that join me when I smoke- a sort of loosely organized smoking club. Unfortunately, one of the local hospitals just made a rule that they are not hiring new employees that test positive for nicotine(a legal substance, mind you), so I don't know how much longer I can keep up this hobby if the rule starts to spread to other states. I wish I had found this forum months ago before I ordered a macqueen pipe, but you can read about that experience on the relevant forum on this site.

See you around!

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
Glad to be here! I'm Rob...father of 4, IT guy, worship leader, musician, and so on. Been interested in pipes for a long time, but just getting started. With such a hectic life, enjoying a pipe is is just what I've needed to slow down a bit and reflect. Right now just doing the Dr. Grabow/Captain Black thing, but very much looking forward to branching out to new pipes, new tobaccos, and learning all about it!

cburke111

Lurker
Jul 5, 2011
Hey guys i run a shop up the mass way. just looking for somewhere to get more info and relate to people with similar interests. looking forward to chatting you all up and gleanning as much info from you old timers as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.