PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome aboard to the newest members. Hope to see each of you here often with your posts, pics and any questions you have. You'll find us a friendly bunch.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I've been a pipe smoker for 51 years, although I foolishly give it up for 10 months, after a short hospital/nursing home stay. After being forced to be smoke free for a month, I figured I could kick cigarettes by also giving up the pipe. Of course, I kept smoking those horrid cigarettes, so finally decided to take up the pipe again, and see if I could maybe ditch the cigarettes. So far it seems to be working.
I smoke mostly corncobs, and prefer burley to other types of leaf. I've done some blending, and visit several other pipe & tobaco forums. I tend to lurk as much or more than I post, at least till I get my feet wet.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Hey John (tiltjlp)....Glad to see you've made it here....I'll be looking forward to your posts!.... :clap:

irishcanadian

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Hello my names Ryan I hail from Ontario Canada. I just joined yesterday and have only been smoking pipes for about a year. I was a cigar smoker first. But damn am I glad I tried a pipe. Mind you I still enjoy cigars, got the humidor and everything, but nothing beats a good pipe.

torcoman

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Greetings everyone I am from Greece and i am new to the pipe smoking universe. With experience of only one year. I smoke at least a bowl everyday and so far i am loving the 45minutes -1hour relaxation that my pipe can give me.
Cheers

mekkohotvle

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Hey folks, fairly new to pipe smokeing and still learning terms and blends and such, so I hope to learn from the seasoned vets of the board. I am a child protection worker, so smoking a cigar and pipe helps me relax at th end of the day. Like I said, I am fairly new to pipe smoking, so any suggestions is greatly welcomed. I am still trying to learn the different types of pipes and the blends. Though I will admit, I am interested in the Sherlock Holmes pipes I seen by the Peterson Co. made me go find the Holmes book. **Also I will take donations if you are wanting to get rid of your pipes....lol**

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Tons of new members lately... Very cool!

Welcome to you all.
You'll find members from all walks of life here.

From Funeral Directors to Fishermen, all are great people.

All of you that are new to the world of pipe smoking; don't be shy.

We love questions. That's our heart and soul.

So dive right in! And, don't forget to accept those friendship requests.
We're glad to have you in the fraternity!

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
Recoil Rob here,
Former "Dictator" of The Hudson Valley Pipe Club".
Surrounded by hundreds of pipes and tins of tobacco and my physician has suggested I scale back (not a major medical problem, rather an annoying minor one).
So rather than smoke as much I'll have to talk about it more.
thanks,
Rob

charlie

Might Stick Around
Apr 16, 2011
Louisiana, USA
Hi everyone! I'm a (hopefully soon) former cig smoker. I decided to smoke a pipe because it seemed a good, relaxing alternative that would still allow me the luxury of watching smoke slowly drift, and enjoy the pleasant aromas of different tobaccos. Some of my favorite men in my life have smoked pipes, and my dad has recently retaken up the hobby. I just bought my first 2 pipes last week, a savinelli that is comming in my university starter set, and a bjarne billiard from my local tobacconist that I have becone very fond of. I look forward to exploring this new world!

Status
Not open for further replies.