Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PeterPumpkin

Lurker
Nov 18, 2022
These days there are online communities for everything, it seems. I first started smoking a pipe about 40 years ago, but slowed down and stopped completely about 20 years ago. I never smoked much, and never smoked anything else. These days I enjoy a small glass of Scotch once a week and thought perhaps a nice bowl would go well with it. I live by myself, so I don’t have to get permission. Odd that I’ve never been an addictive type of person. I can just stop anytime. My first pipe as a university student was a nice GBD, which I no longer have. Next was a Savinelli. Loved it, but it eventually needed a new stem, which I could never find. I think I disposed of it eventually a couple of years ago when I moved out of my wife’s house. Time to build a small collection. Some great information here.

ARTOPUT

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2022
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
These days there are online communities for everything, it seems. I first started smoking a pipe about 40 years ago, but slowed down and stopped completely about 20 years ago. I never smoked much, and never smoked anything else. These days I enjoy a small glass of Scotch once a week and thought perhaps a nice bowl would go well with it. I live by myself, so I don’t have to get permission. Odd that I’ve never been an addictive type of person. I can just stop anytime. My first pipe as a university student was a nice GBD, which I no longer have. Next was a Savinelli. Loved it, but it eventually needed a new stem, which I could never find. I think I disposed of it eventually a couple of years ago when I moved out of my wife’s house. Time to build a small collection. Some great information here.
Welcome form North Idaho, what part of the world are you in?

Reactions: MattRVA

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina U.S. I've been to Toronto twice on business, with off-hour hikes around Toronto Island in March and a trip up the CBC tower and to the fine art museum. I spent my 60th birthday in Montreal for great food, another excellent art museum, and the St. Laurence River cruise featuring some nifty piloting around rock protrusions in the channel. Had a Cuban cigar on each trip since they weren't sold in the U.S.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Welcome from Montreal, by way of Toronto))))

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
well according to one guy I worked with if you drink liquor and enjoy it then your a major alcoholic but drinking beer in astonishing daily quantities doesn't indicate any addiction.

Briar’s Echo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 15, 2022
Lancaster County PA
Welcome from Lancaster county Pa.

Reactions: anotherbob