PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrrrr609

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
Im Dave from the Eastern Panhandle of WV. Found you guys doing some searches and noticed, it would appear, that some other members are also from this area. Been a cigar smoker for a number of years and have been into pipes for a couple of years. And finding myself preferring a pipe over a cigar nowadays. I am active on a couple of cigar boards, so the forum life is very familiar to me. The Savinelli 320s are my go to pipes but I have pipes from Nording, Peterson, Boswells and others. First pipe was a Dr Grabow, to nub cigars with, and I overpaid for a Lorenzo a few years ago. I love the MM cobs and usually have one close at hand, a few meers, to test new blends etc. My cellar has gotten out of control. Yes my PAD/TAD are very chronic.
Im looking for information on pipe restoring supplies, building tools etc. Have been restoring pipes for about a year. Trying to get my buffing station setup but alas i just dont have alot of time. So to make a short story long, Im probably gonna be bugging some of you for info on where to order supplies. Thanx

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Welcome!. PAD/TAD is a common malady around these parts. No need to hide it. In fact, this group needs frequent pipe pics or they waste away.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Welcome. Wow, you look like you are well on your way to a great collection.
I have a few friends and relatives living in the eastern panhandle. Beautiful country..

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy being a member here. Plenty of members can answer any questions that you may have.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome Dave, I'm your neighbor over in Maryland (Hagerstown area). A few of us are meeting at JB Hayes in Winchester tomorrow, around 12:30, drop by if you are able.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Hey, I'm originally from southern WV. Neat to see other guys from there. Welcome! Like you, I was a cigar guy for a long time, just got into pipes a little over a year ago. Glad I gave it a try!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site and that is a great looking set up. I also used to be a huge cigar smoker hence the handle. I am now pipes only as I really enjoy them that much more. I recently finished cellaring all the blends that I want for the next 25 years so my TAD is at bay but my PAD is in it's full glory. Gotta have at least one going at all times.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Welcome aboard Dave. I was born in Marietta OH but grew up just south of there in Parkersburg WV. Enjoy your time here!

grrrrr609

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
Thanx for the warm welcome.
@ Chris - I grew up about 45 minutes North of Marrietta
@ ssjones - Thank you for the invite. I work midnights and weekends so I wont be able to attend. I was just at JB Hayes on Thursday. And was invited to swing by for the upcoming Winchester Pipe Club meeting.
Still learning the format of this forum and havent figured out how to quote a post yet. But I will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.