PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hey everyone, I will just refer to myself as Salvince here, but I am a man living in Tavares, FL. Born and raised in my beautiful state, I grew up in a small town and still live in one today.

I am in my mid 30s and I recently returned to smoking a pipe. When I first started smoking, I bought an old small blue tugboat style with a wide vulcanite stem (I don't know the brand but it probably was a savinelli) and I also bought a few premade wood ones without finishes too, but I ended up giving them away, I couldn't find any enjoyment out of it at 18. My second time was when I bought my first corncob and sadly due to leaving it on my open porch one too many times, it rotted in the Florida humidity. And my third attempt was a Medico Pipe that had a floral pattern (dunno why it caught my eye) and I smoked that until it burned out but then gave up for 9 years. My first tobaccos were Virgina gold blends, still is, but really I'll try any blend, I'm not a picky guy.

Recently, this month I decided to get back into it and bought a very nice Boswell pipe (yes it cost money, but it was well made) and recently (ask I asked in my first discussion) a very nice corncob.
I wanted this time to be different, so this time I wanted to study pipe smoking and truly learn the appreciation behind the culture and learn to appreciate pipe smoker a little better. (I've also smoked hookahs too, but I am never getting back into that hobby)

Overall, I'm a proud American who loves his pipes and his tobacco and want to be part of the pipe smoking community.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Salvince

Salvince

Lurker
Feb 8, 2024
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!
Bless my brothers from across the Gulf :) I will stay informed and continue to celebrate my pipe smoking

Durhamshire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 31, 2024
UK
Hey everyone, I will just refer to myself as Salvince here, but I am a man living in Tavares, FL. Born and raised in my beautiful state, I grew up in a small town and still live in one today.

I am in my mid 30s and I recently returned to smoking a pipe. When I first started smoking, I bought an old small blue tugboat style with a wide vulcanite stem (I don't know the brand but it probably was a savinelli) and I also bought a few premade wood ones without finishes too, but I ended up giving them away, I couldn't find any enjoyment out of it at 18. My second time was when I bought my first corncob and sadly due to leaving it on my open porch one too many times, it rotted in the Florida humidity. And my third attempt was a Medico Pipe that had a floral pattern (dunno why it caught my eye) and I smoked that until it burned out but then gave up for 9 years. My first tobaccos were Virgina gold blends, still is, but really I'll try any blend, I'm not a picky guy.

Recently, this month I decided to get back into it and bought a very nice Boswell pipe (yes it cost money, but it was well made) and recently (ask I asked in my first discussion) a very nice corncob.
I wanted this time to be different, so this time I wanted to study pipe smoking and truly learn the appreciation behind the culture and learn to appreciate pipe smoker a little better. (I've also smoked hookahs too, but I am never getting back into that hobby)
Overall, I'm a proud American who loves his pipes and his tobacco and want to be part of the pipe smoking community.
Hi Marra from North East England.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.