PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Hey guys!
So, I've been at the pipe thing a little over a month and I already want more pipes. I have a butz bent billiard, but thought these Pease/ Di Piazza stubby Luciano's looked pretty sweet. I told the wife the Dublin looked like a good Christmas present and she said go ahead and get it now! Success.
I'll post up some pics when I get it in. Looks like good size bowl and thick walls. Maybe a different feel than the thin narrow butz-choquin I have now. I really dig the short stubby look too.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
It's amazing how one can never have enough pipes. And a wife that supports your hobby - can't ask for more. Congrats on your Luciano!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Congrats. I have two Luciano's and both are great smokers. The bell shape I have from SPC gets hot easily due to the design, but the smooth dublin rarely does. You will not be disappointed. I just wish I could find them light enough, around 45g or so. For the money, you will not be disappointed.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I'm glad to hear these are good little pipes. I looked around here for some info, but only found a thread or two on Luciano's in general. So I just went out on a limb a little since I really liked the looks and recognized the "Pease" name.
Can't wait to try it out!

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Make sure you let us know your thoughts about and post some pics when you get a chance.

I sure will. I expect to receive it tomorrow evening! So if not then, Friday I will.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Gnat, as I am always happy to help out my fellow man, just send that bad boy to me. I'll give you a full detailed report.
Congrats Gray, I keep looking at their pokers. Give us pics when you get it.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Just got my pipe and piped open a in of H&H Louisiana Red. Never had a VaPer before so this should be enjoyable.
20121115_181853.jpg

20121115_181834.jpg

20121115_181823.jpg

20121115_181645.jpg

20121115_181555.jpg

20121115_181808.jpg

I am extremely happy with this pipe (as you see in the picture above); I love the look and feel and can't wait to smoke it....now! Also, never had a naked bowl before, so I'll be a little careful.

Jul 12, 2011
Nice! Just ordered a Luciano as an x-mas gift for my Unc, very

happy with the quality and balance of their designs

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I love this pipe. Have smoked 2 half-bowls and now on a full. Its already smokes great... way easier to smoke down to a dry bottom than my butz-choquin, draw is great, stays so cool; I can't imagine a pipe smoking better.
If anyone hasn't tried out a Luciano, I'd take a look. Especially if they all smoke as good as these Pease/Di piazza short and stubby lovelies. I may have to buy one of every kind.... lol!

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I am actually still managing to heat it up while smoking the Louisiana red...those VA's are so sugary, while emptying the tin I had to scrape tobacco off the bottom cause it was stuck with so much sugar/goop! (At least that's what I think it was). Great flavor though to me it smells like autumn leaves raked in a pile.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Congrats and enjoy! IMO, Lucianos are a superb value...a lot of pipe for the money. I have one and it's a great smoker and seems to me to be of superior quality for its price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.