PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
At long last, here are some shots of the new Jobey I picked up at the B&M a few weeks back...
CFE9ACE4-49B8-4E5B-8067-827070DF64E8_zpsguv0q71q.jpg

This is actually my pipe bag - a Maxpedition Fatty in black. Two to four pipes, depending on size and how much other stuff I try to cram in, plus a couple of lighters, some books of matches, my Brigham tamper/pick, a Czech tool, a selection of pipe cleaners, and two tobacco pouches - currently carrying Lancer's Slices and Escudo.
86EDE890-78FC-435A-84BE-654312CC43DD_zpszq8mbukz.jpg

Packed and ready to smoke.
00B1594A-4DDA-4613-9AFE-B797E4DFD2E7_zpsd5nsieij.jpg

Partial rustication on this line - this particular pipe has it on the bottom, which I liked the best of the bunch.
E4F0B6E9-D03F-4B42-AF23-4B0661090FE6_zpsjbezxbom.jpg

Side view. The stem has a threaded tenon and screws into the shank.
I'm using this one for English/Latakia blends. So far, so good.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Yeesh - sorry about the size. I swear I reduced them, and rotated the first shot at Photobucket... :oops:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought a Jobey from my local independent. Same screw-in stem. Mine has little clusters of drill carving that look like

bunches of grapes, and slender metal bands with a lucite stem in a gray-brown. The finish of the bowl is high polish, but

the pipe breathes and smokes well, and shows little age. I find it is especially good with aromatics in my rotation. My

pipe shop proprietor thinks the pipe was made when Jobey was manufacturing in the U.S. for a few years, though the stem

clearly says France. It may have been made in France, or the stem may have. This is a little billiard, and now about three

years old. It is not like anything else I own and therefore a nice accent to my pipe racks. Dollar for dollar, or franc for franc,

the French do a good job of delivering quality pipes at working man prices. I think they are undervalued, but I'm not talking

about it too loud.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Great lookin pipe! I have a Jobey "355" Stromboli bent acorn that is a wonderful smoker. I know some people have had bad luck with them, but judging by the one I have, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another! Congrats on your new pipe!

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Really like the golden color... Looks like a great pipe and kind of reminds me of those patches on the elbows of sweaters and jackets. Happy smoking!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks, guys! Looks like the edited versions of the pictures finally took.
The proprietor at the B&M was quite enthusiastic when I picked this one out - he's evidently a fan of Jobeys, and was glad to get a selection back in stock. I think he's also happy to have a new collector on the hook, too.... :D

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Nice looking pipe.!!! I also have the same Max.Fatty Pouch which works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.