PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Nice review, but given the title I had hoped you were going to discuss recent camping adventures with the girlfriend. Oh well, another great tobaccco blend to try. Maybe you should have a contest "Guess the mystery ingredient and win a free tin".

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
As I said in the article, it'll be 6 months before I can get my hands on it thanks to your "Sneak Peek", Kevin... Your mini-review had me at "seared, and slightly charred meat".
-Jason

johnd

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2012
I picked up a tin at the Raleigh pipe show. I was going to wait, but now the suspense is killing me. :D

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you like what GLP does, you'll love Sextant. It's a big flavor, big complexity smoke. You have to like that BBQ smoke and flavor of the Latakia and Dark Fired Kentucky, though because it's like BOOM! Right there! But once you get around that, there are all kinds of cool flavors, smells and nuances that just bubble up on their own. It's a masterfully executed blend!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I really like this one. Very complex and very different from anything I ever had before. Hard to pigeonhole, for me, at least.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I waited a while to try this one.
I was a bit leery because the Jack Knife was too much on the Kentucky, I had to jar it for a while. That is going to be a once in a while smoke, when I get the urge for that BAM.
Sextant has the nice Kentucky base note, a bit of rum and a top of latakia/oriental. Like all Pease blends that I have tried, it has a nice strength. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.