PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dworkin

Lurker
Apr 24, 2020
Hi,

I'm a new member from the UK. Hadn't smoked anything for 20 yrs (I'm 72 in June).

Just thought, 'What the heck', dug out an old briar and bought some supermarket Clan tobacco. Then a few pipes and tobacco online, lighters and other smoker's requisites.

With all the health concerns around just now, the peaceful nostalgia of the pipe has been just right. Also have tried a few cigars, but the pipe is the thing. :)

D.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Welcome to the Forum it’s very civilised on here lots of good information.I live two counties down from you.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W Michigan. The calm and peace that comes when puffing ones pipe is imo very important now more then ever. We can all use a little more calm in this hectic world.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. Yes, I find a pipe a goodly meditative medium. Clan I find a little harsh, but if it suits you, good. Lots of good info and conversation here.

Dworkin

Lurker
Apr 24, 2020
Hi,

Its a Taylor and Breeden bulldog shape with hallmarked silver band and probably 1940s or before. Still had old tobacco in it from when I quit 20 years ago. Recently added to that a used Lindstrom 718? which feels nice in the mouth. I do prefer small bowl straight pipes, not too heavy, so any tips on finding one would be appreciated.

D. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.