PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Wow! What are the dimensions on the chamber?
Big ... that's all i got for ya.
Sort of a hookah without the water filter. I like handling a pipe, but I'll be interested to hear how it goes.
I do as well I'm not even a clenched, i prefer holding a pipe, but this will be great for my desk when I'm working or sometimes watching a movie, mindless smoking lol

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Sort of a hookah without the water filter. I like handling a pipe, but I'll be interested to hear how it goes.
The other main feature of a hookah/nargilah that differentiates it from a pipe is that the shisha (hookah tobacco) isn't directly lit - it is vaporized by placing charcoals above the tobacco, separated by a grate or often foil with holes.

I once watched someone try to light shisha directly. Quite the exercise in futility.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The other main feature of a hookah/nargilah that differentiates it from a pipe is that the shisha (hookah tobacco) isn't directly lit - it is vaporized by placing charcoals above the tobacco, separated by a grate or often foil with holes.

I once watched someone try to light shisha directly. Quite the exercise in futility.
I think the best hooka smoke I had was called Tombec (might have spelled wrong, but it's pronounced Tom Buck) and it's whole dried leaf that is crushed by hand and doused in water (traditionally spit) and rolled into a ball. Much more cigarish then the usual hooka experience. Found that much tastier and more nic heavy then shisha

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
For @AJL67 and other guys who've tried a table pipe, can you describe your experience with them? And have you ever shared one with friends? This seems like a great way to share a bowl with friends and help them to experience pipes.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
For @AJL67 and other guys who've tried a table pipe, can you describe your experience with them? And have you ever shared one with friends? This seems like a great way to share a bowl with friends and help them to experience pipes.
i don't know my cigar buddy was here from Chicago and i had a pipe going and wiped out of the bit and handed it to him and told him to try it. Seemed to work, but i don't know about passing it back and forth like the hose of the table pipe. All of that said I've (many many many times) gone to herfs and sat in on crazy puff puff passes, that went away from a couple years and now people are starting to gravitate toward it again, hard to pass up the offer of smoking some crazy stupid cuban for a bit LOL

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
It wouldn’t be hard to make a multi hose table pipe much like a multi hose hookah. You would of course have to use hookah type check valves to accommodate multiple hoses 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

A good way to share pipes with your non pipe friends is to buy a bunch of $8 cobs and give them to your buddies when they come over. Teach them how to load them, light them, sip…. On them. It gives them something to leave with and try again. I keep a few new cobs in my desk at work along with a few baggies of 1Q. It never fails a guy will come around asking me about pipe’s every few months. 😉

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I imagine the only fussy bit is de-gunking the inside of the hose every now and again.

It could be done several ways, but all require a made-for-the-task widget.

Also, keep in mind that between the bowl not being in your hand and way chonkier than any normal pipe when you DO touch it, the walls can get hot enough to char/burn before you're aware there's anything happening.

"Honey, what's that smell? Did you get another tobacco? That one's really woody... I kinda like it."

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I imagine the only fussy bit is de-gunking the inside of the hose every now and again.

It could be done several ways, but all require a made-for-the-task widget.

Also, keep in mind that between the bowl not being in your hand and way chonkier than any normal pipe when you DO touch it, the walls can get hot enough to char/burn before you're aware there's anything happening.

"Honey, what's that smell? Did you get another tobacco? That one's really woody... I kinda like it."
I divorced honey a long time ago and since i was actually a caring, i.e., stupid person all it cost me was everything except my happiness which i got back in spades.

I’ve been reading up on the hoses and caring for them and have ordered a few more to toss in the accessories draw, as the little boys in blue and khaki say “Be prepared”!