PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannybeans

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
Northern Indiana
Visiting the local antique store today, I picked up a Brewster pipe marked "never smoked" (which I have no reason to disbelieve) for just under $9 with tax (which seems to be the going rate). Obviously, three bowls into the break-in period is too soon to make any judgement, but so far it's quite satisfying - it draws nicely, and is surprisingly cool.
I do have a question, though. I've seen it said that all Brewsters were made in a single lot in 1964, and was wondering if anybody can confirm that. Not that it makes any difference, really, but there is a bit of a thrill to know you're the first person to use something that's nearly 50 years old.

dannybeans

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
Northern Indiana
Oh, and here's a quick 'n' dirty portrait. I'll break out the good camera and do some glamour shots later - theoretically. :)
gbbc.jpg

I'll take some sandpaper to it eventually - it has a couple nicks and scratches, and I prefer a more satiny finish anyway. But for now, it is what it is.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
I don't know anything about them but that's a great looking pipe and you can't beat the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.