Need recommendation for tobacco to be refreshed!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

piperRowan

Lurker
Jul 2, 2019
Morning Pipeist!

Nightcap, Elizabeth Mixture, Flake, University Flake, Old Dark Fired are always in my mason jars. I tried Bold Kentucky which is really a bolder version of the ODF (My own feeling). Time to try something new to refresh my taste buds and to top up my tobacco jars for Christmas! So what do you think about, my learned friends? Anything you like to recommend please? (Still not a fun of Aromatics....my bad).

Reactions: anotherbob

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
If you are in the USA, try G.L. PEASE brands............... on sale now at smokingpipes.com.
Gaslight, Haddo's, Odyssey, Quiet Nights, Sixpence, Sparkplug, Westminster............... Just a sampling of this blender's craft. All of them are great- these are some of my favorites............

piperRowan

Lurker
Jul 2, 2019
If you are in the USA, try G.L. PEASE brands............... on sale now at smokingpipes.com.
Gaslight, Haddo's, Odyssey, Quiet Nights, Sixpence, Sparkplug, Westminster............... Just a sampling of this blender's craft. All of them are great- these are some of my favorites............
Heard about G.L. PEASE. But can't get one of those as I'm in the UK and I always wish I'm in the States.

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA
Watch City Slices. Reasons: you don't have much burley, and Slices is a burley/VA/kentucky blend with a very subtle rum topping that makes it excellent for the Holidays (and all year round). It also gets 3.7 out of 4 on tobaccoreviews, it's well-behaved/user-friendly, and it's not expensive.

I know it's all individual, but that's one I can't stand. Too much burley taste for me.

• Sad
Reactions: Johnny_Pipecleaner

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
Silver Flake is awesome - Solani Aged Burley Flake would also be worth a whirl.

Other favourites that sound like they might be up your street: GH Dark Birds Eye, Germain's Flake (if you can find it) & Uncle Tom's (ditto - & go extra slow with those two), Peterson's Irish Mixture, & SG Golden Glow.

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
Oh, & Peterson 3Ps, & Rattrays Stirling Flake might also be worth a look.

Bold Kentucky takes me very differently to ODF - I like both, but the former is a particular favourite.

Reactions: piperRowan

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Morning Pipeist!

Nightcap, Elizabeth Mixture, Flake, University Flake, Old Dark Fired are always in my mason jars. I tried Bold Kentucky which is really a bolder version of the ODF (My own feeling). Time to try something new to refresh my taste buds and to top up my tobacco jars for Christmas! So what do you think about, my learned friends? Anything you like to recommend please? (Still not a fun of Aromatics....my bad).
Edward G Robinson it's an aro but oh good it's good and will wake up your sleep taste buds.Also it's what I've been smoking all week exclusively and I honestly think you'll like it too based off the stuff in your jars at the moment. Oh and it's tobacco forward for sure.

Reactions: piperRowan