Need help identifying a pipe - New Bond ??

SmokingPipes.com Updates

6 Fresh Radice Pipes
10 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
72 Fresh Peterson Pipes
3 Fresh Sam Adebayo Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Has anyone ever hear of a pipe maker called "New Bond" ? I got this in an estate sale together with a Chacom panel billiard. I ended up paying $12 for this pipe and $23 for the Chacom Noblesse.
But I can't find any info on the "New Bond" name. The Chacom was pretty dirty, soak in Everclear, ran cleaners, etc... it was pretty gunked up in the stem. But this one was extremely clean, I think it was smoked looking at the bowl, but not a lot. It also has this little "Meerschaum" filter or cooler in the shank.
Anyone any ideas ?
Overall Picture of the pipe:
new-bond-1-600x448.jpg

Close-up of the markings
new-bond-3-600x258.jpg

Close-up of the "Filter" in the pipe
new-bond-filter-1-600x211.jpg

new-bond-filter-2-600x339.jpg

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
that filter just a standard 9mm filter both cheap and expensive pipes both use em. I have a pipe now that i use those filters in, Ive bought em already made by amphora, and sanda, they run about $2.25 for a pack of 8 or 10. On the pipe tho; i have not a clue

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Took the filter out for the first smoke. Loaded it with some 1-Q. It smokes alright. A little hot perhaps, but since it's been either very little smoked or reamed to the wood, I feel like I'm breaking it in again. Overall, for $12 something I may keep and carry around in my pocket. I'll try the filter next time.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Oh and update...
I had a lot of time last night and while smoking a bowl I decided to give this search another shot. So off I went into the interwebworld and let some of my little creepy crawlies hunt around... and lo' and behold ! Bingo.
"New Bond" pipes are pipes made by a Spanish carver/brand called "Bruken". The company was founded by Emilio Navarro and searching that name results in a ton of information. They apparently have very, very nice high-end pipes. Given the nice smoke from my New Bond, I'm going to have to hunt one down.

The New Bond line itself is apparently their entry level pipes. Bruken even has a webpage, which is in dire need of some clean-up since all the image links are broken :-( I sent them an email requesting some more information, pictures, catalog if possible, where to buy, etc... I'll keep you posted.
http://www.bruken.es
Somehow I even missed the pipedia.org reference the very first time I was doing my searching. Weird

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Bruken
Anyhow, mystery solved. New Bond is an entry level pipe from a carver in Spain with apparently a long history.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I forgot I bookmarked this site too last night.
A visit to the Bruken pipe factory with lots of pictures. Unfortunately in Spanish, but very cool pictures
http://www.capmadrid.org/wiki/doku.php/articulos_y_reportajes:visita_bruken

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Good deal mick:) I don't want to start another thread for fear of irritating others. I've pretty much came here and hit the floor running. It's how i do everything. I have the absolute mystery pipe that ill post pix up on here later. I also got a surprise today in the mail. The pipe i bought monday that's marked Port Watch. I don't care if this thing is a .50 cent toy, IT SMOKES LIKE A FLIPPING CHAMP!!!!. Still can't find even one artical on it... Then last night i sold something on Ebay and decided i would try to find something that's smokable for around 20 bucks... i ended up purchasing this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251110239703?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1227wt_1396
Hickock pipe with a mother of pearl band... It looks pretty cool. It should be here in the morning:)

Status
Not open for further replies.