PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjndaltx48

Lurker
Dec 20, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm Tony from Texas. Hope ya'll are doing fine today.
I am seeking a new friend in the UK who would be kind enough to let me order tobacco from a UK retailer, have the tobacco sent to you, then you send it to me as a gift. I would pay postage, obviously.
I would be very greatful if you could help. I promise I'll try not to be a bother.
Already smoked two bowls this morning. What better way to start the day than a aromatic, relaxing bowl of fine tobacco and a hot cup of coffee.
Thank you very much.
Tony

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
You'll have to pay shipping to your UK friend AND VAT if you go that route. Best to have it shipped directly to you. Just make sure your order is large enough to make overseas shipping worthwhile.
And, welcome to the forum!

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Seems like you would try and become a well known and liked member of a community before making such requests. As stated there are retailers in the Uk that will ship directly to you. Maybe let us know what you are looking for and we can help you locate it.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Based on my own recent experience,there remains only a few UK tobacconists if any, who are able to ship overseas nowadays, even if the addressant /receiver resides within EU region + the retailing prices for tobacco products in England are out of this world,so I would bother myself trying, let me tell you,this idea is pure waste of time & $,

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
I'd either have to trot to Newry or jump in me time machine to get to the UK.
I loaned the time machine or the revisionator as I like to call her to Paddy Mcginity's goat who bet me a tanner that he could go back to a night on the old kent road and get simong to buy him a large bottle of McCardles in return for proof that he was the original St.Bruno mascot. He's not returned from derrylondon yet so I'd say he's gone on the lash with yer man as he's a terrible shagger for the drink.
In the meantime follow the sable ones advice.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Warren I was about to pen a response only who just turned up on the doorstep only the goat and he after bringing Delaney's donkey with him for the love of god siz I to meself the two boyos don't look too worse for wear until rafferty's pig sauntered into view well good luck thought I there'll be whigs on the green now and sure enough it's all kicking off.

Right so, the next time your over sure couldn't meself and yourself take Tex to the whest and bring him phishing.

tjndaltx48

Lurker
Dec 20, 2016
I have tried to have tobacco shipped from the UK. No one will do it. One of the retailers there suggested I go on forums to see if I could get some assistance. To a Texan my request seems quite appropriate. I'm not begging nor am I in any manner of situation that I can force someone to help me. I didn't know that requesting some kind of assistance would have such a negative impact.
tarheel1 and warren. Thank you for your erudite and quite impolite responses.
In case either one of you want your ass kissed, I suggest you bend way over and kiss it yourself.
Barring that, attempt to find a hobby and maybe read a couple of self-improvement books.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I thought you may suggest kissing tex-ass he he. The suggested shops do ship internationally, that would be your best bet...I see you are new here, don't take anything said here too seriously would be my other advice.
Isaac

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Two posts in and your ignoring the advice and Warren /tarheel baiting, good luck with that chief.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Ha-Ha! You'll fit right in here tjndaltx48!
Try pipedivan.com. smoke.co.uk used to ship to the US but you had to pay by bank transfer (or transferwise.com). I don't know if they still do that. Contact them.

tjndaltx48

Lurker
Dec 20, 2016
Thank you gentlemen for the good advice about certain sellers in the UK. After being turned down twice I assumed that it was illegal to ship here.
Your advice is sincerely appreciated.

tjndaltx48

Lurker
Dec 20, 2016
Thank you, mcitinner1. Appreciated.
mortonbriar - LOL, that was a good one I've got to admit.
ericusrex - Your comments are well taken, sir. :)
oldreddog - Unfortunately, I don't believe in luck, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.