PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Some things are just sacred and not to be joked about. Virgin briar is definitely one of them. But after finishing your post I did chuckle. Rough joke for sure.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
the escudo....
and as far as the joke goes, a wise man once said, "lighten up, frances".
take it in the way it was ment, to brighten your day..... and plan for revenge.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
My heart did this thing, where it started slamming into my ribcage, trying to get out. I couldn't hear it beating though because my ears were simultaneously burning and ringing.
lol! I would have freaked too I think.
It's funny, but it's also a bit risky to play a joke like that on a customer. Some might be hesitant to buy from them again not knowing what they'll do with their next order. Not a smart business decision IMHO. :crazy:

smoker49

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2012
To the people telling me to lighten up, and just move on... you do understand I came in here to tell a story to make you all chuckle, right? Small portions of my post may have been embellished for comedic effect. In fish stories, the fish was never actually as big as the storyteller says it was. It's not like I did this when I saw the note...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc
As for the seller, it was an eBay transaction from another smoker. I guess he has some amount of business responsibility, but it probably ends at making sure the pipe gets to the buyer safe. I would buy from him again, but I could see how others might not be able to laugh it off.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
:rofl: You should put a shitty, nasty old pipe in the box it came in and RTS demanding a full refund.

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
Your description matches that of a writer. Really enjoyed it!

As for suggestions, I'm a new pipe smoker, so I won't even think about recommending anything.

Long live your new pipe!

:puffy:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Who needs to watch The Exorcist when you can watch that video in two minutes? Happy Hallowe'en! :twisted:

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I almost had a melt down on your behalf reading your story. Oh pranks! The simpler they are, the more effective, I think. Very clever and easily mollified. If you're waiting on a tin of Escudo, wait for the tin of Escudo. That is a tasty smoke.

southernbriar

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2012
I agree that you should only prank someone like that if you are buddies with them. I think the best response was
You should put a shitty, nasty old pipe in the box it came in and RTS demanding a full refund.
I am a fan of Escudo.

Status
Not open for further replies.