PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Cortez that link to Lawrence's video is one of the funniest thing's I've seen in a while. Thank you sir!

:rofl:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
@longandow.... Yes, I noticed.
@marmal4de.... Your right, but we lay claim to it regardless. Marines gave you the right to claim Libya, Mexico, half of China, Belleau Woods in France, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Sipan, Tarawa, Japan, Korea, Granada, Iraq, and I could come up with several more if I took the time. We claim the frickin' moon too. John Glenn - Mercury Mission, Walter Cunningham - Apollo 7, Fred Haise - Apollo 13, Jack Lousma - Slylab 3, Gerald Carr - Skylab 4, Vance Brand - Apollo-Soyuz were all Marines! There were 19 more Marines involved in the Space Shuttle program over 135 missions.
@brain64.... Your right also, I know von Braun was a Nazi, wore the SS Uniform to required functions. I was passing 'American Propaganda', hell they did and the Russians do. The thing is, he swore off all that and did us a service in the 50's, 60's and 70's. I forgive him.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
TopD, You're simply wrong, laying a claim does not mean you're entitled to it, by your logic the schizophrenic man on the corner claiming he is king of the world is king of the world, that logic is quite flawed. The moon is not American property, there is no valid way for you to to refute that.
EDIT: Granted, I'm uncertain whether you are trolling me or not. If you are, good job, if not, do some reading.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I don't need to educate myself at this late date young man lol. I've read all the old posts, even though I've only been around a couple months. I read your post from 8 months ago that you'd like to be a Marine if they took Canadians. We do take Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Canadians.... And we claim anywhere and anything we conquered! Let anyone try to take it from us!

You may have just a bit to strong an opinion for an astronomer.... Hally never claimed the comet, but it is HIS comet!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Halley's Comet is named after him because he discovered it, the comet is not his property.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

-Mark Twain
I fully wash my hands of this conversation.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Samual Clemens was a smart guy.... He also said "Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she laid an asteroid."

elwin

Lurker
May 3, 2012
Nazi's on the moon? Been there, done that, got the book.
Rocket Ship Galileo by Robert A. Heinlein (1947)
:)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just thought this might help lighten things up a bit here : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
HaHaa Excellent brian!
Ya know marmal.... I do enjoy controversy, a bit of heated discussion, it's good for the circulation... But I in no way wanted to make an enemy of you. Lighten up a bit. If the old guy on the corner wants to claim the world, who cares! If another wants to challenge him, lets lite our pipes, set back and watch, it'll be a good show.... It's no big deal.
I've had all the fighting I want for a while elsewhere, I don't want to fight with you

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Heck we own the moon . We left a dune buggy up there while we was scouting out the anti-gravity golf course . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URD6bnb67Hk

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I can't believe I'm on a pipe forum where people are arguing over who owns the moon! Everyone knows whalers own the moon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60BjkUtqxPE

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
There are AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON
amazon+poster.jpg

For those of you who have not seen this movie, and enjoy the likes of "Airplane" and "Kentucky Fried Movie," I highly recommend it. It is freakin' hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.