jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I had fortuitously brought along an unsmoked Missouri Meerschaum..."
That was a great read. 30% Perique yikes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whoopee. Sounds like the Thai dish with three chili peppers on the menu.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
"I had fortuitously brought along an unsmoked Missouri Meerschaum..."
That was a great read. 30% Perique yikes
Bringing along virgin cobs is a habit when leaving the house now, at least when I'm reviewing. Precisely for situations like these. I recommend it as the easiest way to evangelize! And don't be scared off by the Perique-bomb--it's surprisingly manageable.
----
And it seems this crowd-sourcing idea needs a little kick-start, so here it is: A CONTEST!!

Suggest a blend to be reviewed in the comments section of the article. I'll put the eligible blends suggested into a random selector spreadsheet, and whomever submits the one chose will win a tin of the previous month's review blend, courtesy of me. This time around it's Wayfarer, of course, and I'll send off at least a 2 oz. bag direct from Nat Sherman. I'll contact you via PM once selected. This is run by me personally, not by PipesMagazine.com, so don't call Kevin complaining if you don't win.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This sounds like a skillful crafting of a high Perique, if not Perique forward, blend that lets the dark leaf shine in its own right. If I understand, it is currently available in bulk directly from Nat Sherman in Manhattan, and I wonder if it will later be offered in tins as is their 536 English and some other blends. Based on my enjoyment of 536, which I first met in the Nat Sherman smoking lounge, I look forward to trying this one too.

pipedan

Lurker
Jun 17, 2011
Hi Romeowood
for your next review 'contest', please try the new GLP Sixpence.
Happy smokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.