PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Glad to hear she is okay and home. I think she should wear the tshirt on her next checkup, just for a lark.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Thanks for the prayers. Yesterday she came home and it was the last day of school. Thus my daughter can help her out around the house. Friends from church dropped off some meals. Time to figure out what changes we need to make to diet etc.
Winton

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My thoughts and prayers are with your family, Winton. Small is still scary, glad to hear your wife is doing well.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
My wife went through that last Fall. She is doing well with changes in exercise and diet. We are thankful for the state of Medical technology that your and my wife has had. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Best wishes to you and your wife. Glad to hear she's doing OK.
And now that the dust has settled a bit, I have to admit that after reading the title of this thread ("My wife had a minor heart attack"), I though this was about a PAD-related "heart attack."

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery, Winton. If it's any comfort, I had a heart attack in late November 2009 and needed a bypass in January, 2010. Since recovering I'm healthier than I ever was. I stopped drinking and sorted my diet so that I've dropped about 20 pounds (1.5 stones to me). I've played rugby and I'm planning to do a 24 hour, 66 mile hike in 2015. Modern medicine being the wonder that it is, changes in lifestyle (ex. my pipes, obviously!) and the right medicine means that I'm set for years yet. Look after one another and take it as a wake-up call for you both and you'll be all good. Oh, and I plan to go over the finish line with a pipe in my gob!
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.