PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Just remember opinions are like noses every one has one.
Hmm, I seem to remember this quote a little differently! :wink:
I have enjoyed your beautiful pipes on here Maurizio. Wish you the best of luck wherever you find yourself in the future!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Say it ain't so, Maurizio. Your pipes and posts will be missed by me.
Should you still post or choose otherwise, don't go letting bitter hearts get you down
Mike M

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Maurizio, I have yet to see anything "arrogant" from you. If anything, I'd say what I have read from your words is confidence. I'd much rather have confidence and honesty than someone stuck to my hindside. To hell with those who can't take a little criticism, IMO.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
A man who can say what he thinks when he thinks it is more trustworthy than a man who stays quiet and talks when you're not around.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Ciao. Come back if and when you are ready to do so. I can understand taking a break.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Americans pretend they like things, and keep their honest opinion quiet sometimes
Yep.. I've lived here 15 years now.. and still get slammed for being too honest. As one of my bosses once said "You wear your heart on your sleeve and in our line of business that's not good". I call it being honest. Oh well.
Maurizio, you make wonderful stuff. Let us know if you ever decide to start selling to friends or the larger public. You definitely have fans here on the forum. But as they say...
Addio amico mio. Alla prossima volta e un gran bacio a tutti ! Dio ti benedica.
And if you do decide to come back... we'll welcome you with open arms. If we decide to come down to Italy from Belgium this summer, if you want to touch base, shoot me a PM with your email address and we can have bowl.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
Ditto with Mick,
Do please PM me you email, lets keep contact.

Sure hope you stick around this forum!

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Unfortunately, it is all too easy and all too common to dismiss talent as arrogance. The quality of the pipes you have shared with us here are a clear indication of the time and the effort that you have devoted to mastering a very difficult art.
The world is devolving into a place where Political Correctness is King. Honesty, no matter how well intentioned, must take a back seat to the need to pamper those whose feelings are easily hurt.
I understand your reasons for leaving. From a purely selfish standpoint, I hope you will return when the time is right, I've come to look forward to seeing your beautiful pipes. Your artistry and your honesty have made this forum a better place. Thank you, my friend.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
It was great to see your work. I am sorry to see another member go. Good luck and hope to see you on here in the future.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Thank you for sharing your work. It has been fun to watch.
I also don't give negative comments, if I don't like something I just don't say anything. Besides, taste is personal - something I like may well be hated by others and vice versa. I do find it refreshing when someone speaks their mind. Any forum needs controversy to stay fresh and not slip into a boring afternoon tea-club mentality.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Would like your e-mail too, Maurizio ... one of these days when I'm independently wealthy, would sure like to buy one of your pipes. :puffy:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I guess we can make this a regular monthly feature now.
Does anyone want to volunteer for next month?
If not, then I am going to have to leave in April.
It was nice knowing you guys.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
Seems like M can dish it out but can take it.We AMERICANS say BYE.I LOVE MY COUNTRY,FAMILY AND MY GUNS.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Well, in my short time here I enjoyed your posts and photos.

I am sorry that there was some issues with how you put some things. In my opinion, when something someone had done is criticized it is to serve as a means to improve upon what they are doing. And lets not forget individual tastes in things differ. Hope you stop by here on occasion.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Maurizio,

You are a talented pipe maker and I hope you'll be back after the break with a whole bunch of pics of the pipes you make in the interim. I also have been contemplating carving a pipe of my own and would really appreciate your honest critique of anything I come up with.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.