PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
@Lawrence, no worries...proper libations were available!

@jsiddle Thanks! I left the DSLR at home and brought along the nice and compact Nikon Coolpix s6300
By popular request, here's a few more. I haven't really had time to go through all the pics, but here's the highlights.
Our humble campsite

ngzQ7.jpg

Our humble steed. Hand made cedar strip canoe. Purchased by my parents in 1987 it's seen thousands of miles in the water through rivers, rapids and lakes. It handles like a dream and portages beautifully. I'm always thankful when they loan it to me.

kNKjJ.jpg

Moon Lake in the morning. It was a brisk 19F (-7c), but a gorgeous morning to wake up to.

MotWc.jpg

You can't beat those cool, clear, fall days.

lqfSz.jpg

It makes the campfire even better. Not pictured - Erinmore Flake in my MM Cob :)

PC0nd.jpg

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Incredible setup. I hope you didn't bring all that stuff trail hiking... unless you had mules...

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
@Adam Ha! No way. It's bear country (over 900 of them in the park) so the campground requires you to have a "hard sided vehicle" for food storage. It was only 2 of us, so we had an entire Ford Escape to fill with gear; it was very much luxury camping.
We have a more compact load out for canoe camping that doesn't include the chairs or kitchen tent, replaces the stove with a compact white gas model, and so on. The sleeping tent packs down into a bed roll size, and it's surprisingly light.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
We have a more compact load out for canoe camping that doesn't include the chairs or kitchen tent, replaces the stove with a compact white gas model, and so on. The sleeping tent packs down into a bed roll size, and it's surprisingly light.
Now that is camping!

Status
Not open for further replies.