PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I know it is a couple of days early, but I just finished restoring the last Pete for my 7 day set, a Peterson flame grain billiard. I have had various Pete's over the years. A couple got stolen years ago, but I have been able to replace the special one from that group. Others were good smokers but there were piping friends who I thought needed a good Pete so away they went. The ones Ihave kept are each sentimental or pipes I really wanted. The pipes from top left clockwise around are: Peterson large freehand: you don't see a lot of these and this one has amazing grain. Bought it unsmoked from Briarblues. Next is a racing green silver spigot. This pipe was found in the woods by one of my youth kids when he was camping. Someone is kicking themselves for losing it. Next is a Sherlock Holmes edition calabash. I bought this at an antique store for a great price. Bottom right is a 1945-47 era Peterson Shamrock. This pipe replaced a pipe from the same era and is its twin only in better condition. The other was stolen. It was one of the first pipes I ever restored for myself and I took it everywhere. I found the one pictured on eBay, Pipestud had it and it was unsmoked. It is a great smoker and really filled the void the other one left. It also came in its original box with sock. The bottom is my newest acquisition, a flame grain billiard. It was unsmoked but oxidized, I remedied that and just started smoking it today. Next is a Rocky Emerald. I got this pipe in a lot of other pipes and it is the perfect hanger. I also have a thing for the fat stems. Last is a Rosslare. I bougth this one from someone on here awhile back. It is a great flake pipe and has some of the most beautiful Birdseye I have ever seen on a pipe. Let's see your Petes and tell us what you love about them. And now a picture of the set.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
My collections are focused on a particular style and then I collect them in the various finishes they were offered in. I love the XL 21 Bulldog. It was first introduced in the Return of Sherlock Holmes series but has been expanded to be included in other lines. It a great smoker with classic lines and I'm not quite at seven yet but close.

Jan 8, 2013
Beautiful set of Petes, Shaintiques and Gloucesterman. I know Peterson gets a lot of grief from some people, but I love mine and I'm always happy to hear others are enjoying theirs.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
My 4 Petersons get a lot of work. I love them.

killarney-ebony-408.jpg

kinsale-rusticated-xl22-1.jpg

peterson-killarney-68-600x399.jpg

peterson-2015-st-patricks-day-68-600x399.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Love Petes--I especially would love to get my hands on the Freehand, and that prince is very nice too. Can't seem to find a genuine prince in Peterson's line up, except for this year's St. Pat's Day collection, but it's not a true prince.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I was looking at some Peterson's at Ottawa Cigar Emporium today, they were massive ! I did'nt realize they came that large, the bulldogs were twice the size of any of mine. Sadly none were purchased but I grabbed a couple of cigars to support a nice little shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.