Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
So before me and the wife went to dinner tonight, I decided to stop into my local B&M, and have a "looksy", and low and behold...dare I say love at firs sight. I love the "poker" shape and the "natural" finish just looks nice with the lucite stem. Though I do have a question for ya, apparently this is a Savinelli Seconds, not too sure what that entirely means ( can't find too much online) however I came up with an educated guess that these didn't "make the cut" and so they are rolled out as is. The price was pretty good at 58, not a bad snag if I do say so myself. Getting ready to load the bad boy up with some Blue Mountain...wish me luck :puffy:
Mike

2013-09-12190502.jpg
[/url][/img]
2013-09-12190453.jpg
[/url][/img]

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Beautiful pipe and congrats on getting a Sav, and yeah that's all that seconds means it didn't meet standards so it's sold cheaper also it is unfinished in stain. Hope it smokes good for you.

~Ron

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Nice shape! I am all about Savinellis right now considering this bad boy just came in the mail today:

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Nice pipe to you as well lincoln, also I think that you will like that Sweet English, if you already haven't tried it, it's a good blend.

~Ron

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
roth, could not agree more! I have a Sav unfinished author that is one of the best smoking pipes I own! irishjedi, ya done GOOD!

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Not to derail the thread but thanks weezell, and roth I have been on the fence about seconds from Savinelli (never heard anything bad just the only seconds I've bought were cobs and I don't really care about them to much), but I might just get a bad case of PAD real soon and have to get one.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.