PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
So since deployment is almost done, I decided to treat myself. Packed it with some Capt Earle's Private Stock, and its smokin' pretty good, got some Widespread Panic playin' in the background and life is pretty good.
Mike
2013-07-05201518.jpg

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
She is pretty, I'm getting ready to order my first Savinelli this weekend. Widespread rocks just saw them live like 2 weeks ago, it was a great show!!!!

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Seen WSP about 15 times since 97, hope to catch'em in the fall.
Mike

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
That was the first time I had seen WSP. I saw Jimmy Herring with The Aquarium Rescue Unit a few times at some festivals and he was a great guitarist back then, he has gotten even better through the years. I love your avatar(??? I think thats what they are called), Its actually my next tattoo, Love the cubbies and saw the dead somewhere around 200 times. Happy Smokes :puffy:

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Just got done with the first bowl...and she smokes really nice, smoked cool the whole bowl, really easy to hold on to, and it hangs really nice and light. Super happy on the purchase.
Mike

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
@ bambam, have yet to see them with Jimmy (either deployed, or the drive is too far). Feel free to snag the avatar if ya want, I love the dead as well. :)
Mike

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
irish, great looking Savinelli, glad to hear you like how it smokes, congrats. The first pipe I ever bought was a Savinelli, and it has been a great pipe over the years.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I own 17 Savinellis, several of which are Autographs, Non-Pareils and Estellas, and there's not a bad one in the bunch. Great smokers no matter what price range you buy them in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Two of my oldest pipes and several others are Savs. Prepare to spend a lifetime together with yours.

They start out well and just get better. Sav gets the draw just right, and most of their pipes are

lightweight relative to their bowl size. Plus, they have that Italian style that makes them look good

as they age. They're shaped really well. Received my first and only churchwarden last Christmas,

a Sav 601, full curve in the stem, and it has all the good Sav traits. So no one deserves that Sav

more than you. Sit back and enjoy the proceeds of your combat pay (do they still have that, or was

that Vietnam? Peloponnesian War?) Anyway, enjoy!

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
A beautiful pipe indeed. As others have said, she should smoke good for a lifetime.

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Thanks for all the kind words, and @mso489 yes they still have combat pay ;)
Mike

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
beautiful pipe man... I have a couple savs and they smoke great... enjoy my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.