PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Okay, all of you CH "used car salesmen" - you sold me. You have not steered me wrong yet. I'm going to get a tub. I like the idea of it as a mixer, since I'm not totally sold on English/Balkan blends as my go-tos. Don't remember if I ever tried it 40 years ago.
Heading out to local OTC place where I saw it.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
My favorite OTC is Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, but Carter Hall is on my short list of tobaccos to keep on hand. It is good smoked by itself, of course, and also as a mixer to use up tobacco that is too sweet, too strong, or too bitey on its own. I also like a mixture of 1/3 Carter Hall, 1/3 McClelland 5100 Red Virginia, and 1/3 McClelland 5105, a stoved Virginia.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Add me to the CH fan club! One I've never tried is Sugar Barrel I need to give it a go.

professorwheezy

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2013
Another CH fan here too. I remember my Uncle (who was more like my granddad) with tubs of CH on the back porch and his morning, after dinner, and after supper smokes (if you're from the south you'll understand those are three different times). I am just about done with my first fresh pouch and yes I smoked it straight and found it to be an excellent mixer as well. Have heard VERY good things about CH in the morning mixed with Walnut and a cup of coffee. Will try SWR and Walnut next but planning on sometime just getting the tub of CH and be done with it. Having trouble finding it around here at drugstores. Also have pouch of PA and it too is mild. I find more flavor in CH but that's me. I'd look at PA as would not buy to have on hand unless I was out of other tobaccos and could find it at a local drugstore.

wingsfan

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
I also bought some CH because I saw good things on the forums. The first bowl to me was ok, but I let it sit for a couple weeks and now I really enjoy it I had a bowl last night and my wife even commented how good it smelled.
Here's an old commercial for CH I found.
http://youtu.be/Ua86jlgtKBs

Status
Not open for further replies.