PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Ben, Castello does not add shape numbers now. However .... back in the day it would have been a shape 63. Bent apple.

Corelos - yes one and the same. Thanks for watching the channel...

Mike

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Beautiful pipe!

I used to think straight pipes were my favorite. But now as I get older, I don't want to worry about clenching them tight. The bent billiards, like your Castello are becoming my new favorite. I just want a pipe that hangs, and I can forget about.
Agreed, I like straight, especially Lovats and Canadians, but this style is my fave

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Will do, I haven’t smoked it yet, kind of like a new car, I’m afraid to drive it! This is why I like estate pipes and used cars 😂😂😂 I will power through and smoke it today or tomorrow though.

Reactions: dunnyboy and 5star
Oct 7, 2016
Ben, Castello does not add shape numbers now. However .... back in the day it would have been a shape 63. Bent apple.

Corelos - yes one and the same. Thanks for watching the channel...

Mike
I still vote 65. It could conceivably bee stamped 63 back in the old days, but many older pieces that could quality as a bent apple bear the 65 stamp. 63's, so stamped, are far from common. Nice pipe regardless

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Both Dave and Dan know a whole lot more about Castello, than I do. Is it a shape 65, or 63? Depends on the vintage. Current shape 63 is a 1/2 to 3/4 bent apple. Years about the shape 63 was a shape 65 with more of a rounded bowl. The 65 was a very billiard bowl and the 66 was a 65 with a diamond shank. Castello shapes have evolved over the decades and since each one is hand made, shape variations occur. Who really cares what shape number it is. It's a really nice example of a Castello.

Mike