PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Thank You martiniman....I do appreciate the honer you've given me. But to answer your question... No, I don't think one maker from another affects how the pipe smokes. One looks better than the next because of experience in carving and wax preparation I think. But I'll tell you my opinion on what does matter.... It's the thickness of the bowl. The thicker

the meerschaum bowl is the sweeter and cooler it smokes. The dang thing is, the thicker it is, the slower it colors on it's own. So it's a push and give situation..... I have my favorite carvers and sellers... but I also have some made by beginners that are really great pipes. I carved one myself from a block I got in Turkey and it smokes great. It looks terrible, but, well you know.....
TopD

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
That amazes me. The quality workmanship that went into these pipes. I'm speechless.
I wish I could find the same USMC pipe, but USN instead. I'm a 13 year USN Viet Nam vet.
Great collection and the photo quality is appreciated.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I have only 2 Meers. Can't find them in the house. Their smaller pipes. My wonderful wife bought them for me 35 years ago. Their small faces with the turbans.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
You have me drooling over these topd. Can I be your honorary son to inherit these some day? :rofl:

mrdoody

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2012
MA, USA
thanks so much for sharing those topd. really impressive collection. great pic of you and your meer on duty!
and thank you for making us all safer, sir.
doody

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
That is a great looking collection!

Thank you for your service :worship:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
@riunderhill... I just happened to find my first USMC pipe by cruising the net, then the bug bite! I saw some Navy pipes also. I found the second the same way after searching every maker/exporter I could find on-line. The other two I commissioned to be made from drawings through a seller I know. She is very demanding and always does me right. (Thank You for your service Sir!)
@grizzly86... You'll be fifth inline HaHaa
@storient... Yes, it's a Ramazan. "Good Eye!" You have a lot of pipe knowledge sir!
@mrdoody and batdemon... Thank You both for bestowing the honer, but the honer was mine to serve. Thank You!

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
TopD

I found this site that carries military meerschaum pipes.
http://stores.ebay.com/meerschaummarket/MILLITARY-MEERSCHAUM-PIPE-/_i.html?_fsub=1349855011
Serving my Country was Honor beyond words. Thank you for your service as well Sir.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Having just joined the forum this month I've already bought my first meer from storient and can't wait to see it. Your pipes had me salivating-such gorgeous pieces of art. You are blessed indeed with such a collection.
I'll have to agree with simnettpratt about the socks...maybe t-shirts as well.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Seeing this thread again, I could have sworn I had commented previously, but somehow I didn't. So for the record:
8O WOW!!! :worship:

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Amazing collection you have! I love the USMC pipes the most. I thank you for your service.

Some day I'd like to get my step dad one just as a collectors piece, he also served in desert storm and is a part of the Leathernecks MC. He doesn't smoke a pipe just the occasional cigar but I think he'd love to have it anyways. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.