PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
After about two months with two more on the way. Left to right in the order I purchased them.

Dr. G Grand Duke

Dr. G Viscount

Kaywoodie Hi-Bowl

Czech

Czech

Czech

Czech(Hey they smoke well... LOL)

GBD Rainbow

fbac7f1f.jpg

49dc4bb7.jpg

ceae1074.jpg

My tobacco currently in stock.

df12e1c7.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
That Grabow 2nd to the left is amazing. Been looking for an Axe-Shape that was in my price range.
She's purdy for sure.
P.S. Pronounciation of Grabow.. Gra(ryhmes with Grey) Bow(ryhmes with so/sew)? Gra (ryhmes with saw) bow (ryhmes with so/sew)?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Be proud my friend, nice collection. I have several Dr. Grabows, some over 30 years old and I rotate them into service regularly. Had some Peterson Sherlock Holmes in a Viscount author just today. I regularly use my Starfire pickaxe for flakes as well. Those pickaxe shapes are rarely seen from other makers.

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks all! Have enough now for a decent rotation. Unfortuately the first grabow has a cracked stem that's getting worse. I fixed it with superglue and it held for awhile but I noticed it getting loose again and the crack is bigger. Think I'll turn it into a tamper once it goes.

colesradioactive

Might Stick Around
Apr 3, 2012
After only 2 months, I'd say your doin pretty. When I first started, I had only 3 pipes (1 was a cob) for the first 3 months and then this wonderful condition called PAD set in an it was all downhill after that. How do you like the MM 965? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
First bowel I was up in the air about it. After that it's ok. I would buy it again.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I think looking at pipes is what a woman feels like in a shoe store. I absolutely love that second from the left Grabow.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
You may consider your pipe collection humble, but by 1950's standards of old-timers of that era, you have 7 too many! Their single pipe "rested" only when the owner slept.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Nice pipes and wonderful choices of baccy! Good progress for only 2 months in the hobby, like others said. Where'd you get those Czech pipes?

Aug 21, 2011
Looks like a great collection. They will keep smoking great for years and years. Where do you purchase Chech pipes from? Thanks !!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I love that Grabow Viscount and am fond of the GBD as well. A very nice collection brother. Enjoy them and all the others you will inevitably and irrationally spend way too much money on ha ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.