PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ThePiedPiper

Lurker
Dec 18, 2023
Title edited for caps and brevity. Original:

" Just wanted to share my score. I bought a guy's cellar of ~60 jars of tobacco off of Craiglist for $200. Lots of good stuff in here."

pipe1.jpgpipe2.jpg

It looks like most of this stuff was jarred between 2016 and 2020, based on the dates written on the jars. He also threw in some nice pipe stands and a box of a dozen or so old pipes. Looking forward to restoring some of them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Good one! Hope you enjoy it. I made a similar find off Craigslist a while back and can't help but wonder if this is the same guy. Would you mind telling us what state he was in? Mine was in Texas. Thanks puffy

ThePiedPiper

Lurker
Dec 18, 2023
Thanks all. I haven't had the chance to crack into any of these yet, but I'll be sure to report back when I do.

This haul was from a guy in Arkansas. He said that his dad smoked and he had good memories of the scent, so he bought a whole bunch of it and then realized that it just wasn't for him.

I think he pipes he gave me were his dad's. They're a little worse for the wear, but I think it could be fun to try to restore some of the better-looking ones. Here are 3 of my favorites from the pile:

pipes.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The top one is "rusticated" and is a billiard shape.
The middle one is a Hungarian by shape.
Last one could be called a number of shapes.

Photos of the nomenclature would be appreciated! Hint; shoot agains a darker background, indirect natural light, individually for top results.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Title edited for caps and brevity. Original:

" Just wanted to share my score. I bought a guy's cellar of ~60 jars of tobacco off of Craiglist for $200. Lots of good stuff in here."

View attachment 281386View attachment 281387

It looks like most of this stuff was jarred between 2016 and 2020, based on the dates written on the jars. He also threw in some nice pipe stands and a box of a dozen or so old pipes. Looking forward to restoring some of them!
Wow...congrats...that was quite a find...enjoy!